Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've heard that one benefit of the stock headgasket is it allows for a squishband, which helps the engine withstand knock. I've also heard that changing to a solid headgasket(ie: 2mm, 3mm) does away with that type of protection.

I was thinking....I think its SP stacks 2tt hg's and sells them that way, as an alternative to the 2mm and 3mm options.

Does stacking the 2 tt hg's allow for some squishband? Because if so that should allow for extra knock protection, right?

can anyone shed light on this?

thanks,
Bob

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RossoCorsaItaly said:
SP's stacked hg are 3mm. They are my #1 seller and work great.

Regards,
Kevin
ok cool, do you happen to know if they would provide the squish protection I'm talking about? I dont know how to describe it correctly but i knwo the stock NA HG has it...

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
ok cool, do you happen to know if they would provide the squish protection I'm talking about? I dont know how to describe it correctly but i knwo the stock NA HG has it...
Not 100% sure on this, let me give SP a call this afternoon since I have to order one anyways.

Regards,
Kevin

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Any of the thicker head gaskets mess up the squishband. It's the nature of the beast.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
DaveH said:
Any of the thicker head gaskets mess up the squishband. It's the nature of the beast.
The word of god.

Any way have you installed that turbo yet? the one big enough to suck the a baby head in.

If you want the insurance then swap to TT pistons and use the TT headgasket.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Yet another reason I'm going to experiment with the stock HG and methanol injection. Factory squish and more low-end/mid-range 'engine power' before the turbo comes online.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
xdrm32 said:
Where can you get the methanol injection?
Do a quick search in the NA section and you'll see I started a whole thread about it.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
I was bored so I took the 15 seconds to look it up for ya. Here ya go:

Click me

:bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts