Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Express Auto, paid to get the alignment checked. Turns out my left and right inner and outer tie rods are shot, as are my left and right lower ball joints, and my steering stabilizer is leaking and cracked. This makes the car drive like shit, I wonder what a fixed supra drives like, mine not that bad really...

Anyways, I was estimated at $473.25 for parts and $751.40 for labor, for a total of $1284.39.

Anyone know about doing some of this work myself, or where I can find the parts for cheaper. I was thinking Jay Marks might be able to help me out...

A

·
0 Posts
You're on the right track - Try Jay Marks and your local parts stores for OE replacement parts, and scout out different shops for lower labour costs.

If you're going to do it yourself, the ball joints are *probably* the easiest, and if you have any mechanical know-how, you could probably do the tie rods as well - Then all you'd have to pay for is an alignment (ensure it's a computerized 4-wheel alignment).

As for the steering stabilizer, I have no experience with that, so I suggest you search the TSRM for steps in replacing it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Tie rod ends are going to be the hardest part.
I'm gonna be replacing my front ball joints myself this winter.

Do the work yourself if you can, LMK i'll come help.

Toyota parts are expensive.. call up jay marks and get a price.. every little bit helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts