Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i was driving my car, with my laptop hooked up, mainly looking at injector duty cycle...
at 12 psi, the injector duty cycle, is 90 percent, typicaly injectors fail open at 80 percent.... just thought that was intersting.... this might just be my car, but these are un changed fuel maps and everything. so everyone elses car should be the same... just thought this was kinda wierd....

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, i cant wait till i finaly get to tune my car... no more 90% duty cycle.....!

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
actually, w/the eman you can just clamp the AFM output and that effectively limits the ECU's inj duty (and timing retard!)....that's what i've done and it seems to work well...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Ckanderson said:
So today i was driving my car, with my laptop hooked up, mainly looking at injector duty cycle...
at 12 psi, the injector duty cycle, is 90 percent, typicaly injectors fail open at 80 percent.... just thought that was intersting.... this might just be my car, but these are un changed fuel maps and everything. so everyone elses car should be the same... just thought this was kinda wierd....
sweet... glad you got it working, a couple of the BAS guys are meeting up sat. for some quick fun racing, want to meet up? you got my SN on AIM, aight peace :wtf:

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Dr. J. where are you clamping your Hz at? (I'm at 1450hz, but sometimes, on a cool morning it will still FC, so I've thought about going down to 1400, or even lower.)
Any issues with clamping it lower? If it trims the timing retard along with FC, a lower value would be better for power, but risky for detonation I'd think.
In any case, the E-Man continues to read the AFM, and control the fuel injectors right?
Thanks

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, maybe our AFM are differant... mine is clamped at 1800 hz, and i dont hit fuel cut anymore...?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, i lied, 1800 hz isnt fuel cut for me, ! found that out today! ill clamp at 1450...

·
7M-GTEU Turbo-A Powered
79 Posts
So basically for the boost cut map on the emanage you are only clamping voltage on the AFM and not adding injection.
Also do you have any thing done to your a/f map

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
FCO isn't based purely on KV frequency. The ECU also takes into account throttle position and air temperature. We merely clamp at 1450-1499 b/c it removes FCO in most situations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts