Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
LOOKING FOR 200MPH
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few dollars:) and many hours of work the interior color change in complete.

Here are some before and after comparison pics...

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
where did u mount ur amps

·
Single Turbo
710 Posts
Nice work. Same seats, but different leather?

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Nice work!

Where did you get the sub enclosure? I was looking forward to building something like that! (also where did you mount the amp?)

Thanks!

·
LOOKING FOR 200MPH
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes...same seats different leather...

Amp is mounted under passenger seat in stock location...

Bought the enclosre from a forum member...

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Can you give us some info on the who did the leather and how much it cost?
Peter

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Looks very nice.

I converted my interior from tan to black and recovered the seats myself with red/black a couple years ago. One of the best mods I ever did.

Brad

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
did you replace the carpet with toyota or dye it? also, did you change out the black plastic seat trim, or paint it? looks great!

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
nice, how does the leatherseats.com leather feel? I see it fits looser, is it gonna tighten up? Did you dye your carpet or buy a new black one? How about the tan trim pieces on the seats, did you paint them or get new black ones?

I had a black cloth interior, went to a 97 tan leather and now I want to go back to black.

edit: lmao kale, i had the same questions you did a minute later

·
Registered
659 Posts
i live (and have) black interior too. nonetheless, i feel that a wingless DJG car with tan interior is veeeeery elegant!

·
LOOKING FOR 200MPH
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SupraTico said:
nice, how does the leatherseats.com leather feel? I see it fits looser, is it gonna tighten up? Did you dye your carpet or buy a new black one? How about the tan trim pieces on the seats, did you paint them or get new black ones?

I had a black cloth interior, went to a 97 tan leather and now I want to go back to black.

edit: lmao kale, i had the same questions you did a minute later
Leather feels great...much softer than the stock stuff. Not sure if it will tighten up. I dyed the carpet $30 vrs $450. I also painted the trim pieces $8 vrs $225.

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
FASTSUPRAMAN said:
Leather feels great...much softer than the stock stuff. Not sure if it will tighten up. I dyed the carpet $30 vrs $450. I also painted the trim pieces $8 vrs $225.
I agree that the leatherseats.com covers are very nice. The leather will tighten-up some once installed or in the sun and I recommend you use some liberal doses of quality leather lotion over the next couple of weeks and work the leather.....this will help ensure equal shrinkage. Most of the looseness though is a function of the installation. When I did mine, came out snug and smooth like OEM on the front and back seats and have remained so for over 2 years. Just my .02

Brad

1 - 20 of 41 Posts