Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a little carried away with the interior dying/painting. Yesterday I had nothing burgandy in my car other then the visors and sunroof slider thingy. Its going back together great.

Here's a link to the original thread in case you missed out.

I did not take pics of the rear before I tore it all apart. But heres one of only a couple of pieces put back in. Once again its all black satin w/ medium gray accents.

After the seats and sides:

Hatch area, no carpet yet it will be in next wednesday

I also installed new 4" Sonys all the way around. I ordered the complete carpet kit from a local upholstery shop, color is silver. I also left the door panels with them to have matching silver carpet installed on the lower pocket section. It had them take a look at the dash and they were not very optimistic about the cracks in it. Looks like the best route will be to locate a good condition used one. I will order the seats in a couple of weeks after everything else is installed.

Oh yea I ordered some gauges faces from Speedhut, should be in any day.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
hey mines the same way...im wondering what you used to dye the seats.... also what you used to do the center console, door panels etc...the parts that arent plastic in black....

i did the rear parts with black krylon fusion and it worked rather nicely...but the door panels etc didnt like it too much... ive got this other stuff that looks to work a lot better but its got a little gloss to it so im not so sure...

thanks for the info man!

also any way you prepped etc ;)

·
Is this thing on?
305 Posts
new 4" Sonys all the way around
:doh: Sony: Good for home audio .... very Bad for Car audio

other than that your interior looks awsome i am doing mine next week Black/burgandy..... did you dye your seats or paint them? it didn't say

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SupraDreamer44 said:
:doh: Sony: Good for home audio .... very Bad for Car audio

other than that your interior looks awsome i am doing mine next week Black/burgandy..... did you dye your seats or paint them? it didn't say
Wow thanks for the shitty opinion I could care less about..............

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alloyguitar said:
looking good man, i wanted to do mine in all black, but time restraints are keeping me from doing that...
Im glad my engine will be at the machine shop for atleast 2 more months. I never would of taken it this far with the engine running.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IdealSupra said:
hey mines the same way...im wondering what you used to dye the seats.... also what you used to do the center console, door panels etc...the parts that arent plastic in black....

i did the rear parts with black krylon fusion and it worked rather nicely...but the door panels etc didnt like it too much... ive got this other stuff that looks to work a lot better but its got a little gloss to it so im not so sure...

thanks for the info man!

also any way you prepped etc ;)
All leather including seats - Duplicolor Vinly/Leather Dye
All vinly including door panels/rear wrap arounds - Duplicolor Vinly/Leather Dye
Plastic pieces - Krylon Fusion

The leather pieces looked and still look great!!!!! I was sitting on them with a shop vac cleaning headliner backer from the roof yesterday........damn those seats are comfortable when you can stretch out your feet.

The vinly became a little splotchy after 5 to 7 days. I believe this is due to the product finally curing completely and soaking in at different rates in different spots. I will spray a fresh coat on those pieces(only a couple, rest look great) before reinstalling.

Before I started I was worried about using the Fusion, $4 a can from Walmart just didn't sound like high quality stuff. Now that Im this far into it I am happier with the Fusion then any of the other products Im using.

I used denatured alcohol and what I refer to as "the deep rub"............lol. Pure some denatured on a rag and rub it in real deep all over everything you will be painting/dying. Do not do this unless you are sure you are painting/dying. It will change the consistency of the finish........that means its working. You will see the gloss disappear. Thats what you want. Remember not to touch any surfaces with your hands after prepping. Other then that I used 400 grit sandpaper to remove any foreign debris that was being stubborn.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts