Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to switch to LEDs on all lights. Is there a special thing that needs to happen for swapping leds for the bulbs? I tried soldering to the Pos and Neg terminals used for the bulbs and the only switch that works is the middle switch. Individuals do not operate. I looked in the TEWD and found this block diagram but I am unsure what I am missing. I would think less amps would work fine, but this diode switch stuff is foreign to me.
Font Parallel Diagram Rectangle Slope

·
92 TURBO
1,710 Posts
^ I used these warm white LED bulbs below on my 92 and they worked fine even with the fade out:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I used these warm white LED bulbs below on my 92 and they worked fine even with the fade out:

Thanks for the reply, realized that ground for both lights from the individual switches were physical bolt grounds and not the ground pin on the back. my strip worked fine.

·
Master Shit Fixer
4,223 Posts
You're soldering LEDs to the dome light contacts? Geeeeze. There are a number of LED plug-and-play solutions for all interior lights that contain their own internal resistor, and don't require any soldering.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're soldering LEDs to the dome light contacts? Geeeeze. There are a number of LED plug-and-play solutions for all interior lights that contain their own internal resistor, and don't require any soldering.
might swap out my work that I did for the led bulbs that supramikect shared, was not aware of the options. But my current solution does work. Not sure about what solder Toyota used back in the day but that stuff does not mix with regular tin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts