Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just the dash board at lease. I' am one to start and do my own thing, not to say no one has done this. If so I never heard of it. So I wondering in my local junk yard and I get a few brain storms, one of which was to swap the interior if my MK3. I do enjoy my stock interior but I enjoy being different as well. Anyway I was thinking of swapping my dashboard for a LS400 dashboard. I do know its not a direct swap but with fiberglass and paint I think it would be bad ass.
So what do you guys/girls think?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
ugh man sounds really interesting and all but dude if you really want a different look just remove the dashboard and paint it black or a really sweet color you would like... i see nothing wrong with the mk3 dash..i really like them actually. plus you will have abunch of loose cables from all the meters and stuff. but its your car i wanna see the finished producted when done :) good luck if you do it

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
It's going to be a wiring nightmare getting everything to work. I suggest new gauges and some LEDs if you want something different.

·
m-za70 :)
385 Posts
lol at your youtube video. wtf is that shit? and if you want nice interior dye it black and buy some recaros..the ls400 dash sounds alrite but you have to incorporate the doorpanels to match as well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol at your youtube video. wtf is that shit? and if you want nice interior dye it black and buy some recaros..the ls400 dash sounds alrite but you have to incorporate the doorpanels to match as well.
I am going to be a legend, and I already painted my interior. Look for T.D.H.S. in the midwest thread

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I am going to be a legend, and I already painted my interior. Look for T.D.H.S. in the midwest thread
You ? A legend ? Don't you think it's a litle early to say stuff like that ? I'd be surprised if you'd know your way around your supra... Plus hacking up your supra will make you legendary, just not the kind of legendary you have in mind.

·
m-za70 :)
385 Posts
okay, what kind of legend do you plan on being? Im not really understanding this whole concept.

·
7m love... dont hate.
2,571 Posts
these cars aint hondas. hacking them up is frowned apon. plus the already shitty resell value is going to go down even more. if you want something different do it with gauges and leds. the interior on these cars are some of the best looking even for a old car.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
these cars aint hondas. hacking them up is frowned apon. plus the already shitty resell value is going to go down even more. if you want something different do it with gauges and leds. the interior on these cars are some of the best looking even for a old car.
+1

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I thinks it safe to say that even if you get the dash in not everything will ever work properly. Why the LS400 dash too? It doesn't work with the angular supra. The LS400 dash looks plush and chubby. Somebody with some nice dash mods should post up pics to show how it's done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts