Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
I saw that ad as well. It would be interesting to know the difference in the spool up characteristics.

Dan

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i also was curious about it. was wondering what the gains in flow would be as im betting they had to modify the fins some

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
does a stock ct really have lag though?

either way i think thats off a ct20b

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
if i had the stock turbo i would buy it and play around with the spool

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
those turbines came off of japanese sw20 mr2s. They are considered less good than the north american (metal) turbine in the mr2 by mr2 owners.

·
Registered
620 Posts
SuprAng said:
does a stock ct really have lag though?

either way i think thats off a ct20b

There is no such thing as a CT20B... what you are reffering to is simply a later generation CT26 used on the 3S-GTE.

The CT20 was used on the 3T-GTE, the 4T-GTE (the IMSA Celica engine, quite possibly the rarest Toyota production engine) and the 22R-TEC.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
if I had a stock turbo...i'd be interested...

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Robbman said:
There is no such thing as a CT20B... what you are reffering to is simply a later generation CT26 used on the 3S-GTE.

The CT20 was used on the 3T-GTE, the 4T-GTE (the IMSA Celica engine, quite possibly the rarest Toyota production engine) and the 22R-TEC.
you are correct, for some reason though people on the internet refer to the ceramic mr2 ct26s as ct20bs? I feel bad for peopel that pay top dollar for the ct20s thinking they are the newer ones.

Either way its out of (1994+) celica st205 and the sw20s ct26...

Ang

·
Registered
113 Posts
Back when i had my All-Trac this was a "popular" JDM item but did not receive a big welcome as they had a reputation of coming apart under hi boost/rpm situations.
William 89T

·
Registered
113 Posts
The "C" after the 22R-TE stands for a California emissions package. I guess only for the west coast Cali turbo 22R's.
William 89T

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Ahhhh okay thanks. I'm assuming its different then from having "u" at the end, such as a 2JZ-GTEu or 3S-GTEu, etc. Dont remember any actual engines off the top of my head with the "u" designation, but the "u" is for Japanese emissions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts