Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Exciting news for the 2JZ platform! Diamond Pistons and Induction Performance have teamed up to develop an all-new piston design for the 2JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GE engines, and we feel it’s a true game changer!

When we started this project we wanted to bring a superior piston design to the market while also injecting more built-in value. First off, this means that upgraded wrist pins are standard with our Induction Performance spec Diamond Pistons. You won’t find any dinky .150 wall pins here. The standard shelf wrist pin will be .200 wall and made from H13 Tool Steel, which is a much stronger material than the 9310 steel used in many other pins. This allows us to reduce rotating assembly mass without sacrificing strength.

Additionally, we’ve outfitted these pistons with several features that aren’t standard on many of the competing pistons already on the market including moly skirt coating, lateral gas ports, internal milling, dual pin oilers, oversized valve reliefs and 3D milled crowns. We also moved the top ring placement down from the deck and added larger spacing between each ring for added strength. Each set includes Total Seal High Performance rings, and every piston has already been pin fit for you out of the box.

We can offer these pistons in any compression ratio and bore size desired, and we will have the most common combinations on the shelf ready to go at most all times. Custom orders are a breeze as well, with turnarounds averaging roughly three weeks. We can do anything you can think of, but we like to think we thought about most of it already with this design!

The best part? These pistons will retail at $999, and we will be selling the first 20 sets at an introductory price of $899.

From a mild build to all-out record-chasing, these pistons fit the bill. Of course, we can offer extras such as DLC pin coating, various crown coating and anodizing options and larger .225 wall wrist pins for those looking to make upwards of 1,500whp.

They are available to purchase immediately by clicking HERE, or by contacting us at [email protected].

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
are these only in gte style and cr or is ge style with various cr available

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Very nice. I cant stress enough to the importance to keeeping the wrist pins as light as poss

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are these only in gte style and cr or is ge style with various cr available
Not sure exactly what you're trying to ask, but they're available in any compression ratio desired.

Very nice. I cant stress enough to the importance to keeeping the wrist pins as light as poss
Thanks, Wade! Agreed. We went to great lengths to keep the weight down on both the piston and wrist pin in hopes of reducing stress on the rest of the assembly.

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
what I am asking is ge oem piston dish design differs from gte .. im staying na-t and would like to achieve just under 10.0 cr .. im using na head so what do you recommend

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what I am asking is ge oem piston dish design differs from gte .. im staying na-t and would like to achieve just under 10.0 cr .. im using na head so what do you recommend
Gotcha. As far as I know, no one makes a GE-specific crown design in aftermarket pistons. They're all the same design. We can make these pistons in any compression ratio desired but there is more to determining dynamic CR than just piston dish, as I'm sure you're aware. If you're using an NA head, the standard 10:1 will be very, very close depending on gasket thickness. If you're trying to be as precise as possible, get with your machine shop/engine builder and get us measurements and we can make you a custom set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts