Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my dream Supra online about a month ago on craigslist. A 1998 TT 6-Speed IJM with black interior. Better yet it had only 56,600 or so miles and was still owned by the original owner. He also has all of the original documents that he gave to me; window sticker, financing papers, every kind of brochure, his copy of the order sheet when he ordered the car, the original emblems from when the dealer installed the gold package emblems, he even got a hold of the handbook the car salesmen have that compare the 98 supra to the previous years. Last Saturday I flew to FL and drove it back home to NJ. It was something I will never forget. The only modifications to the car are an intake, catted DP, and old school TRD exhaust.

Sorry I don't have the best pictures since these seriously don't do the car justice but I really wanted to post about it on the forums.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congratulations, very nice Supra!

Any idea what brand or where I find those clear rear bumper side markers like those on your car?

·
Car guy
803 Posts
This is the first IJM I've seen with black interior. Did it come that way from the factory?

I have a '98 IJM and will be swapping out to the black interior some day.

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats, love the color.

Is that you in the last pic?
Thanks man, but no that's my uncle

Congratulations, very nice Supra!

Any idea what brand or where I find those clear rear bumper side markers like those on your car?
Thanks! I honestly have no idea where they can be purchased. I am considering putting the stock ones back on so I'll send you a PM if I do.

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the first IJM I've seen with black interior. Did it come that way from the factory?

I have a '98 IJM and will be swapping out to the black interior some day.
I'm not sure if it's a bad idea to post a picture of the window sticker or not but yes, it cam from the factory that way.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
congarts man

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
for some reason i always think every MKIV owner is on SF already and any supra would be sold on SF to somewhat ensure its going back to a real enthusiast ... but u found this one on craigslist. its always a suprise....

nonetheless.. congrats man. she's sexy. great find. keep her minty

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,346 Posts
Congrats. I seen it in the local craigslist and its great that a sf member picked her up. The only thing that does not fit on the car is the wheels IMO, some ccw classics with black centers would just complete the look. And the floor mats too.

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
I had a buddy send me the link to that car on craigslist (he lives in Jax, FL). Looked like one hell of a deal and your pictures prove it.
Congrats on the purchase, she is a beauty!!

·
Bull Market
1,375 Posts
Beautiful car, I do agree as someone mentioned above, the wheels need to go.

·
Boost Creep
3,491 Posts
Looks great! Enjoy it in good health.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Ha! Holy shit! I love it (I want an IJM 6-speed car, so badly). Take good care of it - what a gem!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I for one think the black wheels look great with your ijm, but you can never go wrong with some ccw's. Awesome looking car. Congrats and it's o.k. to walk around with that silly smile you probably have for at least a month............lol

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lmao thanks suprahero. I get in the car and see the outline of the spoiler in the rearview and I smile until I get out.

Thanks you guys. I do agree the wheels need to go but haven't decided on what to put on. I was actually thinking of finding some stock chromes to put on there.

I also want to take off the supra decal on the rear window and redo the tint.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
wow very nice bro congrats!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts