Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says i have this head unit in my car and have just always listened to CDs on it. But i recently purchased and ipod and have been reading a lot about playing them through the head unit with the cable that connects the two rather than an FM transmitter. Has anyone had experience with this head unit and an ipod? I am asking this question because when i comes to anything besides putting a CD in am totally clueless.

Thank you
Jake

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Ask away....what kind of questions?

·
C.T.H
573 Posts
there are several people here who have information and expierence for your brain to pick at....just need to know what info you are looking for.

·
Banned
888 Posts
right i've worked with many of those.....Ask away.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
i guess the man got his ?'s answered else where

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Pioneer units need a cable adaptor to get Aux-in through the CD changer port on the back. Some new alpine decks can control the Ipod through an extra interface.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
Que Pasa?

*any questions regarding Pioneer products please direct to the other Chris of the Audio Section ;)*

PIE makes an Adapter that goes into the back of the unit and comes out into a mini-jack, letting you control directly from the ipod and creating an AUX-IN on the unit.

Pioneer also has the Somethingsomethingsomething-IP300 or something like that which is their iPod adapter which should allow control from the stereo unit itself. That is if your deck is compatible...if you don't know the answer to that question, please see asterix'd section of post ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts