Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dusty,

I got a PM this morning from a guy with the screen name of TrueMold (banned) with the following message;

IPT Carbon Fiber Supra Cover Update!!! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPT Carbon Fiber Supra cover is BACK!!!!! Please follow the link below for more info

You CAN ONLY GET IT AT THIS SITE

Spread the Word I know there a lot of people Dieing for this part so help us out

Thanks

IPT Motorsports

http://www.iptcarbonfibersupracover.com/
Seems like a scam, but might also be something deeper with the manufacturer. Can you elaborate here so we can prevent some members potentially being scammed? Alot of people have been waiting for this cover for sometime (including myself) and may just purchase this without knowing if this is fact the "real deal."

- Vic

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I do know they are using pictures from my website without authorization, I am contacting my lawyer today as a result.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do know they are using pictures from my website without authorization, I am contacting my lawyer today as a result.
Good call. I had to do the same thing with Extreme Dimensions a few years ago. Just get a lawyer and insure your photos are copyrighted and you'll be fine and eligible for compensation.

- Vic

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Good call. I had to do the same thing with Extreme Dimensions a few years ago. Just get a lawyer and insure your photos are copyrighted and you'll be fine and eligible for compensation.

- Vic
Yup, had they taken the pictures of my car themselves in TX, and hosted them I wouldn't have had any ground to stand on, however because they stole the edited versions off my website (which is my registered business), and Titan is a mutual client of mine who offers a competing product, it shouldn't be an issue.

-Wes

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wes,

It will be actually quite easy. If you need some help here, i'll see if I can find the litigation papers with my case with ED to assist your lawyer. - Vic

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
By the way Wes, if you get any money out of it, remember who your friends are..

<------

haha good luck with it, keep us posted

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
They edited the pictures, I'm satisfied with that.

BigVic - Quite funny we just got done with a similar issue so I had one of the best IP Lawyers in the country ready to go if they didn't co-operate. It's much easier when people are polite though, although it should have never got to that point.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts

- Vic
Photos are copyrighted the second the shutter is pressed. You can register photos one by one, or a batch at once. Registering makes your case much better, and you get to collect all of the money they have made on the product since they started using your image.

·
---
2,768 Posts
Wait wait wait... you can actually sue people for using pictures of your car that you took? How would you do that? Theres pictures of my car all over the internet on body kit retailer sites.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Wait wait wait... you can actually sue people for using pictures of your car that you took? How would you do that? Theres pictures of my car all over the internet on body kit retailer sites.
If it is worth it to you you can. Depends on the situation, it may cost some cash but you can call a lawyer and find out.

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Parker,

Please contact me regarding the credit for the defective IPT spark plugs covers we have had here for a year (give or take). You've had MVP's money for roughly a year and IPT promised to replace all these for me multiple times in 2006. I think its been long enough. Jason has made MANY requests to send these back for a refund. I believe these requests were made to Jimmy though, not you. So I am kindly requesting you to look into this and get with Jason for a prompt refund at this point.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dusty,

Have you recently spoken to Preston about carrying their product line again? I'd love to see this considering it would be in everyones best interest to have this available once more.

- Vic

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Dusty,

Have you recently spoken to Preston about carrying their product line again? I'd love to see this considering it would be in everyones best interest to have this available once more.

- Vic

He would need to contact me first per my request above, which he still has not done.

Even then I will be hesitant due to past treatment by IPT (not Parker specifically, but his company). We'll see...

Dusty

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He would need to contact me first per my request above, which he still has not done.

Even then I will be hesitant due to past treatment by IPT (not Parker specifically, but his company). We'll see...

Dusty
Ok Dusty.

I can tell you that many of us will NOT do business with them direct w/out going through you or another distributor. The risk is too great without the backing of the companies with the leverage.

- Vic

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
I understand sir. We will listen to what they have to say and go from there (when/if they contact us).

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yes please keep us informed.
Im not going to buy junk that I have to make fit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts