Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Irish Mikes and I was very impressed with their shop. They have the cutting edge tech. alignment equipment. I would recommend the place to anyone with aftermarket wheels. They also have a special fender rolling tool that actually bolts onto the hub and rolls the fenders perfectly...so I had that done as well. Mike is a pretty down to earth guy...he showed me his new bmw race car that he is building. :bigthumb:

·
Inline6Performance
1,482 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
I just got back from Irish Mikes and I was very impressed with their shop. They have the cutting edge tech. alignment equipment. I would recommend the place to anyone with aftermarket wheels. They also have a special fender rolling tool that actually bolts onto the hub and rolls the fenders perfectly...so I had that done as well. Mike is a pretty down to earth guy...he showed me his new bmw race car that he is building. :bigthumb:
Troy, is it computer alignment? Did you wait on it? I need my supra aligned with my 19's. What is the $$$?

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
They also have a special fender rolling tool that actually bolts onto the hub and rolls the fenders perfectly...
That's what I remember a fender roller being, I have one.....

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zero4SPL said:
How did you like the roll cage work ? ;)

Haha, nice work mark!!!

Hey Mike- It's computerized with cameras. You definetly need to bring your supra with 19s there since 19 tires aren't cheap and you don't want to be wearing on the inside. They did it while I waited....I made an appointment and started as soon as i got there..... they really take their time and do it right...it took them a little over 2 hours to do it. I feel asleep on the sofa waiting. They have tons of experience since they most of Titan's cars.

edenward- forsyth and colonial

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I just had them align my BMW last week, they corrected a problem from an improper suspension installation where my camber plates where installed backwards, Negative 5-6 degrees of camber up front at full positive on the plates. Mike quickly found the problem and corrected it and gave me a great alignment as well. The car drives as straight as an arrow.

Both my Supra and Jessicas where aligned there and they are perfect as well, they take their time and do it right, I would definately recomend them to anyone.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wes took my car there for me and 3 years later still tracking pretty straight, yay!

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
NUNEZTT said:
Do you guys use the stock alignment specs or some others?
Mike is pretty good at finiding the right setup for what your using the car for / what suspension it has. I usually just let him align it and let him know what I'm doing with my car and he takes care of the rest.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
onelove said:
Mike is pretty good at finiding the right setup for what your using the car for / what suspension it has. I usually just let him align it and let him know what I'm doing with my car and he takes care of the rest.
Yeah, exactly! I actually had an alignment about 2 weeks ealiar at another shop I won't mention and they did a horrible job...most other shops aren't intelligent to figure out that if you align a car with larger wheels to factory specs...the tires are going to wear pretty bad on the inside.
I just told the guys at Irish mike to align the car for optimal even tire wear and I don't care about the twisties...straight line only. :)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
interesting about the tire ware on larger wheels..

how much was it?

·
Inline6Performance
1,482 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
Yeah, exactly! I actually had an alignment about 2 weeks ealiar at another shop I won't mention and they did a horrible job...most other shops aren't intelligent to figure out that if you align a car with larger wheels to factory specs...the tires are going to wear pretty bad on the inside.
I just told the guys at Irish mike to align the car for optimal even tire wear and I don't care about the twisties...straight line only. :)
That is the main problem with the idiots in this area. They don't know s#$t! I had a problem with my Is 300 also, so maybe I will get both cars done at the same time. Thanks for the input guys.

Mike

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
terry McCamie said:
You have enough trouble just trying to drive in a straight line!

Haha! :rofl: Get that motor in your candy orange car and line up with me at the track! I will be there ready to outshift your 3 speed supra!!!! :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts