Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am haveing a small problem with the idle. When I push in the clutch the idle drops down to about 200-300 a couple times then finds its way back to where it should be. Sometimes it will quit when the idle drops. Runs perfect otherwise. I have a couple of things in mind but I wanted some oppinions from some of you guys that know more about this car than me. Thanks.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Only when you push the clutch in, like sitting still? Or is it more like when you are slowing down and then push the clutch in? Have you checked for codes?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I happens while slowing down. Once it surges a couple of times (if it does not quit) it idles fine... I have not checked for codes. Cannot afford to take it to the shop to have diagnostics done right now. Maybe after x-mas.....

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Check codes yourself. It is easy. Go to the diagnosis connector near the battery and connect terminal Te1 to terminal E1 then turn on the ignition (without starting) and count the blinks the check engine light makes.

For more info check the online repair manual here- http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/index.html

I bet you have probably got a code 51 and need to adjust your TPS sensor. The procedure is in the manual. Check the codes first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts