Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Executive *****istrator
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking in getting a single kit for my Supra. I plan on getting the Street Turbo kit from Powerhouse Racing and upgrading my fuel system, should it be good for 11's?

What are your thoughts on the SP60 kit? I've read that is spools pretty quickly, so does that mean that my auto will NOT need nos? My Supra is a virgin, but am going all out. Might wait to save around $8K or something to go with the SP60 kit and Stage I fuel system from MVPMotorSports/Powerhouse Racing, do I hear 10's
;) One last thing, if I leave my car at PowerHouseRacing and have them set up my kit and do all the tuning, around how much will the labor cost, best estimate?

Give me some feedback guys, she's (Supra) dying for a single

john
 

·
Executive *****istrator
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joose said:
A strong BPU car can be in the 11's and beter the more "++++'s" you add
I think I have a failing turbo or something. I ran the car at the tracks months ago and it ran a 16 @ 90 mph :eek: :( , and YES it is a turbo. I've heard of $2K to replace them. How can I tell if I have dead turbo or big boost leak? I would go BPU+++'s, but I need to figure out if a turbo is dead or what. Should I take it to the dealership? What are you all's thoughts?

john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
John,
You have good taste in cars. :D Why not run a boost
gauge to see what is happening? You may just have a
boost leak . Run a gauge into the car and you may want
to try TTC to see if that helps. Does the car blow smoke?
Is compression good?
It will cost closer to 12-15,000 to set a single up. Have
you determined the turbos are shot for sure?
Wayne
'93 Supra TT HardTop
'95 Pearl Yellow 3000GT VR4
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
You can find a pair of used turbos for about 700 er so and pay someone to throw them in. Its considered an 8hr job if you have Toyota do it. And they'll charge you an arm and a leg.

Get to know your Mechanic if your not the one doing the work.
 

·
Executive *****istrator
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WayneCar said:
John,
You have good taste in cars. :D Why not run a boost
gauge to see what is happening? You may just have a
boost leak . Run a gauge into the car and you may want
to try TTC to see if that helps. Does the car blow smoke?
Is compression good?
It will cost closer to 12-15,000 to set a single up. Have
you determined the turbos are shot for sure?
Wayne
'93 Supra TT HardTop
'95 Pearl Yellow 3000GT VR4
thanks, and you TOO have a good taste in cars. The car does not blow smoke, runs good. No, I have not determined it yet, I can here the turbos, but can't tell if one is dead or not. I don't race the car, only once-Mustang GT :rolleyes: , but thats it. It's been pampered since I got it. Damn $12-15K for a single setup :eek: I thought it was close to $10K, I might have to save up a little longer than expected.

Joose, thanks for giving me a price on used turbos, might have to that if I find out a turbo is dead.

Thanks for all the info guys.

john
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
WhiteVR4demon said:
I'm looking in getting a single kit for my Supra. I plan on getting the Street Turbo kit from Powerhouse Racing and upgrading my fuel system, should it be good for 11's?

What are your thoughts on the SP60 kit? I've read that is spools pretty quickly, so does that mean that my auto will NOT need nos? My Supra is a virgin, but am going all out. Might wait to save around $8K or something to go with the SP60 kit and Stage I fuel system from MVPMotorSports/Powerhouse Racing, do I hear 10's
;) One last thing, if I leave my car at PowerHouseRacing and have them set up my kit and do all the tuning, around how much will the labor cost, best estimate?

Give me some feedback guys, she's (Supra) dying for a single

john
I put 1,100 into my car to go BPU, and ran on slicks a [email protected] w/ letting off at the end.

2 RIP
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Is $5K enough for 11's?

WhiteVR4demon said:


damn, thats impressive. what did you buy. if you don't mind me asking?

john
exhaust, intake, downpipe and bcc

2 RIP
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
If you look around a bit a single setup can be had for much less than 10-12,000...especially if the install is done by yourself or w/help of friends. A t78 can be had for 3500-4000 new, fuel system for about 1500-2000, if you don't have air/fuel control add another $500. Then if you don't have a clutch to hold it another $500-$1000. So in the neighborhood of 7500-8500 a decent setup can be had IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
True, but his car is stock so I was adding $1200 FMIC,
$900 dp and catback, $200 for bcc and fields harness,
$400 for associated gauges, $500 EBC, $300 for some
dyno tuning(if you are lucky), and the remainder for wrenching
if you don't do the work yourself.
Wayne
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
TurboRed said:
If you look around a bit a single setup can be had for much less than 10-12,000...especially if the install is done by yourself or w/help of friends. A t78 can be had for 3500-4000 new, fuel system for about 1500-2000, if you don't have air/fuel control add another $500. Then if you don't have a clutch to hold it another $500-$1000. So in the neighborhood of 7500-8500 a decent setup can be had IMO.
Some of those prices are a little low. Plus you forget vpc/gcc and fmic which is another 3500 easy.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top