Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if theres a thread on this somewhere else but I couldn’t find one. But i was going to purchase a 2jzge and swap it into my rx8. I would much rather have a gte but its a bit out of my price range and like 5 times more expensive than the ge. I would want to turbo it eventually and get around 500-600 horsepower out of it. Im not an expert on the differences between the ge and gte but i would like to know if people who know more about the engines think that it would still be worth it to swap a ge into my rx8. It sounds like it would be more money and work to get the ge to the horsepower i want compared to the gte. (Its also not a vvti)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Does it even fit? It was a tight fit in the RX7.
Personally, I'd swap a K24A2 turbo into that chassis. You can get great power out of the K-series Honda engines. OEM long block can take 600whp no sweat when turbo'd, and you just need to upgrade the injectors and valve springs. They have VTC (like VVTi) as well as VTEC.
You can check my early post history here advocating for that engine (and VVTi), and more recently here
Check my signature on K20A.org for a DIY/FAQ thread if you're interested in it. I don't admin that site any more and rarely visit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does fit theres a log of people who have done the swap and i know someone who makes the swap kits and sells everything you need to swap. The ka isnt a bad choice but i love the 2j and would much rather swap that into the rx8. I just want to know if the ge would be worth it. Or can i somehow make the ge into a gte for less cost than it would be to just buy a gte?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts