Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any differnce in boost pressure between T mode and boost controler? Will I get more boost from my turbos after puting boost contrler or T mode can make the same boost pressure?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bleeder T's are inferior in every way to ball and spring mbc. Use a ball and spring boost controller if you like the idea of an inexpensive, perfectly reliable boost controller. You can buy them from Dawes Devices for $35. The b&s mbc will spool the turbos quicker and avoid the seasonal fluctuations in boost. The performance of the b&s mbc is the standard to which all the other bc's should be judged. The *only* advantage to an ebc over the b&s is adjustability from inside the cockpit.

Steve

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why buy a Hallman? It's not like these mbc's break and one needs a warranty. They're so simple they don't fail. ;) No I'm not familiar with that www.boostcontroller.com but after reading the description of their mbc and how it talks about an adjustment screw that "if you lose the adjustment screw it has a 2nd ball to close for safety" LOL. That is plain silly and pure marketing. If you tighten up the dawesdevice mbc it isn't going to fall apart. :)

Bottom line: spend your money on what you want but there is no reason to avoid getting the dawesdevice controller. It's more inexpensive and just as good (if not better than that funky dual ball thing.) Hallman boost controller is fine but why spend the extra 65 USD?

Steve

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx man,

I hope last question:

What is the maximum boost you can make using MBC?

Sorry if that is silly question...:)

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Steve97TT said:
Why buy a Hallman? It's not like these mbc's break and one needs a warranty. They're so simple they don't fail. ;) No I'm not familiar with that www.boostcontroller.com but after reading the description of their mbc and how it talks about an adjustment screw that "if you lose the adjustment screw it has a 2nd ball to close for safety" LOL. That is plain silly and pure marketing. If you tighten up the dawesdevice mbc it isn't going to fall apart. :)

Bottom line: spend your money on what you want but there is no reason to avoid getting the dawesdevice controller. It's more inexpensive and just as good (if not better than that funky dual ball thing.) Hallman boost controller is fine but why spend the extra 65 USD?

Steve
i bought hallman before becuase MANY people run this and everyone has been happy with it. when i had mine i had no problems with it what so ever, and it came with full detailed instructions for almost every application. plus the hallman looks a lot nicery then that one on boostcontroller website and the daws one. i was just giving my opinion from my experience.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The max boost is dependent upon your turbos. If you've run with your wga capped, that is your max boost. The mbc will let you dial in anything under that amount of boost.

Steve

·
0 Posts
Does anyone have a diagram on how to hook up a hallman boost controller? I need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts