Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious because these things seem to be the stuff of legend. Is there any hard data on them? Thanks.

Eric

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that would be a "prohibative" cost, but I would thnk somebody has to be using it. I was thinking about it today. There has to be some sort of testimonials for these things. I know the JUN kit uses Cosworth pistons and rods so holding up to high boost is within reason, but what about the Crower kit? Can it withstand high boost and a shot?

Eric

J

·
0 Posts
Greddy uses carillo rods, or get the crower kit. Its probably pretty damn good. Call them, do some homework.

People don't normally build supra blocks at all because they're so bulletproof. 700-800hp is fine for most people.

Lates,
Josh

M

·
0 Posts
I assume the twin T-78 Jun would be the best chance of finding the Jun stroker kit in use.....

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Jun's T88 Yellow Supra from the drift video has the stroker kit, 3.2l I believe... Im not sure if the Akira Supra (orange) has it or not... That would be the twin T78 car I believe.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
pooshda said:
Jun's T88 Yellow Supra from the drift video has the stroker kit, 3.2l I believe... Im not sure if the Akira Supra (orange) has it or not... That would be the twin T78 car I believe.
The twin car is yellow. There is a stroker kit larger than 3.2L I think. Last claim I know of for anyone building one of the strokers was Mark Tozer who claimed he had one on the way. Erik from TPS in Miami has a T76 RSP TRD widebody running 6.5:1 compression if you want to talk about interesting motor builds. Only other cars I can think of is Toyomoto may have put together a stroked motor for a customer if I remember right.

Adam

·
Registered
527 Posts
Are these better than the carillo rods?

On the JUN site, the stroker is only 3.2l, but the Suprastore one claims to be 3.3l?

H

·
0 Posts
Carillo makes ti rods also.. Ideal, JE Pistons, Carillo Ti Rods, Jun crank.. but I would think JUN is right.. Yet I wonder why only 3.2..

G

·
0 Posts
The Crower Stroker kit is unproven and has never actually worked for anyone, I called Crower last year to get full details on the kit and he couldn't give me a definitive answer if the kit worked or not. He said that someone gave him the specs(Probably Jarret) and they only build them, and whether they end up working or not is not really their problem.

If you want a Stroker... go with JUN or else just change the stock rods to Carrilos and maybe get the engine balanced for a strong as shit short block.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's some good information. I've heard that Crowers aren't reliable when it comes to the stroker kit. If I do go with the stroker, it'll be the JUN for certain. Hard to beat Cosworth parts. I just would like to see something "on paper" about what these things are capable of. I guess the drift JUN offers a view, but it'd be great to find an individual who can give some testimony.

Eric

·
Registered
200 Posts
Toyomoto builds 3.3L stroker engines. They have built quite a few, but don't know exactly how many. And they are still building them.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had tried to get onto their website and it's still under construction. Any idea on how much cash Toyomoto is asking?

Eric

·
Registered
76 Posts
Syed Shah said:
Are these better than the carillo rods?

On the JUN site, the stroker is only 3.2l, but the Suprastore one claims to be 3.3l?

Very sure that JUN makes 3.2l stroker not 3.3. Suprastore must have made a mistake there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any updates on this thread? I'm interested in some more feedback. Really would like to hear more about this Crower issue.

I myself would like to look into designing a stroker kit based on the JUN kit's specs using better materials..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Someone on this forum Had a stroked motor... I just thought about it, this was quite some time ago... all I remember is that it was someone who crashed their supra and was talking about insurance covering things... and were saying something about their stroked motor... thats all I can remember, very vague I know.. but I know for a fact thats what this person said.

Toyomoto is currently getting a new website too.

G

·
0 Posts
Suprascene.com said:
I myself would like to look into designing a stroker kit based on the JUN kit's specs using better materials..
You can't get any better then Cosworth...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts