Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help with figuring out exactly what items to order. Can anyone give me details on what they got in terms of wrap around lengths and sub belt lengths, etc? Also how did you bolt in the harnesses? Can they be bolted to the sparco seat base? Below is what I was going to order. Any help or reviews of the product are also welcomed.

32024P 55" Bolt-In Seat Belt - Platinum Series Platinum
31022 Bolt-IN Bracket (2 ea.) $10.95
33002P Wrap-Around Shoulder Harness - Platinum Series Platinum Cam
34012P 27" Anti-Submarine Belt - Platinum Series Platinum Cam

·
Stock Twins King
4,499 Posts
Do you have a roll cage? I got crap last year for having a anti-sub 5th point w/o a roll cage. I have the Sparco bar and I have used several types of straps. Basically the 2 shoulder straps connect to the bar via looped design, and the 2 seat belts connect to the same bolts that the harness bar is attached to. Or, the 2 OEM seat belt bolts. I bought a Shroth http://www.schrothracing.com/ and I think they are generic in lengths. You just adjust the strapping to fit. I ove the camlock style.

Stu

Stu

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a roll cage? I got crap last year for having a anti-sub 5th point w/o a roll cage. I have the Sparco bar and I have used several types of straps. Basically the 2 shoulder straps connect to the bar via looped design, and the 2 seat belts connect to the same bolts that the harness bar is attached to. Or, the 2 OEM seat belt bolts. I bought a Shroth http://www.schrothracing.com/ and I think they are generic in lengths. You just adjust the strapping to fit. I ove the camlock style.

Stu

Stu
Appreciate the response. Well I wasnt even going to get the anti-sub 5th point until someone on here indicated I probably should. I do not have a cage and wont for a while, I also dont really track the car. Although I want to start doing some 1/4 mile runs this summer...BTW i saw your car when I was out in Vegas this year, very nice ride.

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
bolting the harnesses to the seat base is NO GOOD? You are not protected. I have the sparco harness bar and harnesses. they came with the bolts to bolt into wear the stock seat belt is, that way you are bolting the harnesses to the car and not the seat.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
make sure you look into safety issues. Too many people like how a harness looks but if not installed properly, they are a lot less safe than stock factory belts.

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So sounds like if I get the harness bar and some harnesses I will be ok to mount into stock locations. Just making sure I read directions etc etc to ensure safe install. Does anyone have more to say about the 5th point-anti-sub and whether or not its needed? And how do they mount custom plate welded to car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts