Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering how many guys are using these pistons?

I am purchasing the JE 0.040 over pistons!

Some guys are telling me not to go this big but the machine shops that work on 7m's everyday say it will be fine and the most reputable Calgary owners say the same.

Lets hear your comments!

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
One question - why? Is your block that screwed that you need to take that much off? There is not alot of meat there to begin with, so if anything goes wrong, that block might be trash..

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Not true, the bore is not trash if .40 over pistons are used.
HKS goes 85.5mm, and stock Toyota oversize go up to .50 over.
Get all the displacment you can. The cost is the same, and the extra CC's will spool your turbo up that much faster.
Just my .02.

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I need to do this again I wont give a shit if the block is trash cus I'll be burning this damn car to the ground!!! :D

I got a nice deal on some 0.040 overs!!!!

Thanks

Jason

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would go with the ROSS pistons but I have a deal on some JE's that would work out cheaper than the ROSS pistons!

Alot of shit talkers in the thread mentioned above. To much speculation, not enough hard facts!

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I never said it would be trash for sure, but if you need to rebuild again, you'd be already at the limits with .05X over pistons, and after that you'd be toast.
Just going for whats realistic here.... I doubt you'd want to replace your nice forged pistons with stock toyota ones if you trash yours, and i really doubt you'd want to spend the time or money to track down the HKS pistons to use in your setup. Just sayin if you go with the stock bore , you'd have a more feasible second choice next time around if their is a next time around..

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, well I could just pick up another block if need be!!! I doubt I will need to redo this setup and if I did then I would just sell it!!

Thanks for the input guys, lets keep it comin!

Thanks

Jason

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
I have .040" overbore JE's and I love it. You'll see the difference when your motor is finished. There is plenty of block to be bored don't worry about it. Good luck.

Khris

·
Registered
109 Posts
i use the ross .040 bore. just remember to let your new forged pistons warm up

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
I have .060 over on my new block, but I believe I am testing the limits and wanted the added comp.

·
Registered
948 Posts
speaking of that, how much were your weisco's?

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
.040 Isnt a problem...have been using that size for three years now without any problems.

Kruso

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,172 Posts
Its BS. Run em. I got .040s and I run loose piston-wall clearance and its not an issue.

If toyota makes a .050 over piston for our motor, I have no problem running .040 overs.

·
Registered
948 Posts
all i find is .020 overs, so whats teh cheapest set of .040 over forged pistons? ross right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts