Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if its necessary to run the blue a/c sensor on the thermostat housing? Would this cause a code(51)? I know code 51 can be tps, but im gettn code 41 and 51. I dont have the blue a/c sensor installed, and wondered if thats why. I know having your a/c on when pulling codes can give you a code 51, but will not using the sensor give you that code as well?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Are you talking about teh blue sensor with two vaccuum ports on it?

If so, that has nothing to do with A/C. That is connected to the charcoal canister and a vaccum port on the TB. It's not affiliated with the A/C at all. I've never seen 51 be anything but the TPS.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no im talking about the dark boue a/c sensor(i believe a/c fan switch?)

blue sensor in this pic:

anyone??

also im getting the 41 and 51

·
Registered
343 Posts
That connector disconnected won't give you a code 51, you just won't have a working fan if your running A/C and it heats up. You will get a code 51 if the pressure switch in the A/C system detects a low charge. If there is a low charge, the pressure switch will not let you A/C activate and code 51 is an indicator. It is supposed to keep you from buring up your compressor. If your getting 51, I assume your A/C is not charged.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clifftrail said:
That connector disconnected won't give you a code 51, you just won't have a working fan if your running A/C and it heats up. You will get a code 51 if the pressure switch in the A/C system detects a low charge. If there is a low charge, the pressure switch will not let you A/C activate and code 51 is an indicator. It is supposed to keep you from buring up your compressor. If your getting 51, I assume your A/C is not charged.

My a/c is removed completely, so i guess there is no getting rid of the code 51. thanks for the info guys

J

·
0 Posts
There would have to be a way to defeat this sensor, correct? I'm not into electronics, but a jumper or resistor or something plugged in, giving the ECU the voltage it needs...
feedback from someone who know electronics?

·
Registered
204 Posts
My t-stat housing doesnt even have that port for the blue a/c wire/switch...i have a/c but it doesnt work, i also have code 51. its an 87t....what does this mean?

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
i have my entire a/c system ripped out with no codes. the only code 51 i've ever seen is due to the TPS. thats your best bet...

-shaeff

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
the above picture is great for the FAQ if it's not there already..

i see questions about the water neck area about once a week.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlimFastSupra said:
the above picture is great for the FAQ if it's not there already..

i see questions about the water neck area about once a week.

Yeah that was originally jtma71's picture, and I added all the text boxes. THanks for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts