Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic says it all, what do you guys think?
Also how much can my Auto tranny hold before it breaks?
This car is my daily driver and I'm just trying to get it to make some more power but I also need it to be reliable. I just want my car to be able to take out those damn C5's :)

·
1,005 Posts
You wanna know my honest opinion....save for a Twin Turbo swap!! Here's my reasoning...first off 2JZ-GTE...need I say more?
Well also the fact that for $10500 you can have it installed by PowerHouse...however...getting it to Powerhouse Racing might be a problem. Other option is the 6-spd but that's an additional $5000. I wish Paisley or someone around here did that kinda swap for us! Also Toyomoto sells a NA-T kit for us also for about the same price of $10.5k.
I love my car...but the fact of replacing the engine with another seems like I should just sell it and buy a TT instead...that's the only reason I would buy a turbo kit for the NA...just b/c I love mine :)

Ok, I know that was confusing...good nite:p

D

·
0 Posts
I went and talked to that guy at A-Autoworks....he can get me an entire front clip of a U.S. Spec Supra TT engine for 4000$...thats all the wiring, engine, and transmission- and even the front of the body. The engines come with 40,000 miles on them. HE recommended that i just take the engine, and sell the transmission due to the high install price for the transmission. I couldnt believe these prices. He said he could install the engine for around 1000$ for me. By the way- i actually saw one of these front clips he had- it was a japanese GTO front clip and the steering wheel was on the right side. I also saw a lot of other badass cars he was working on- ive been asking around and everyone says this guys shop is legit. This seems a lot better than wasting money on a single turbo kit. The only problem is my parents and money..my dad wont let me put any kind of turbo/s in my car until i am out of the house. Other than that- i dont exactly have 4000$ to spend. Im working but that doesnt seem to cut it when i have to pay for a bunch of other shit.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
DanSupraMan said:
I went and talked to that guy at A-Autoworks....he can get me an entire front clip of a U.S. Spec Supra TT engine for 4000$...thats all the wiring, engine, and transmission- and even the front of the body. The engines come with 40,000 miles on them. HE recommended that i just take the engine, and sell the transmission due to the high install price for the transmission. I couldnt believe these prices. He said he could install the engine for around 1000$ for me. By the way- i actually saw one of these front clips he had- it was a japanese GTO front clip and the steering wheel was on the right side. I also saw a lot of other badass cars he was working on- ive been asking around and everyone says this guys shop is legit. This seems a lot better than wasting money on a single turbo kit. The only problem is my parents and money..my dad wont let me put any kind of turbo/s in my car until i am out of the house. Other than that- i dont exactly have 4000$ to spend. Im working but that doesnt seem to cut it when i have to pay for a bunch of other shit.
does he have more than one of those front clips? if so, can you give me his email or website? that price is just about what im wanting to spend. and i want to get this finished by next may or so...for the highschool dragracing competition :D . ((plenty of time to get the cash))
lemme know
Bob

D

·
0 Posts
Its called A-autoworks - its in Merrit Island , Florida. I dont have the address or email just yet but i will be in touch with him and i will have it soon. Its on the east merrit Island Cswy. Ill have some more info soon

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
DanSupraMan said:
Its called A-autoworks - its in Merrit Island , Florida. I dont have the address or email just yet but i will be in touch with him and i will have it soon. Its on the east merrit Island Cswy. Ill have some more info soon
kool, if it turns out that hes got enough to go around, let me know. i dont want to steal the only one out from under you if hes only got the one. plus i cant afford it yet anyway :p

let me know when you get the info.
thanks
Bob

S

·
0 Posts
As long as we are on this subject, does anyone know the smog/DMV rules about swapping a TT engine in an NA? Or adding a turbo to an NA?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
supraspeed01 said:
As long as we are on this subject, does anyone know the smog/DMV rules about swapping a TT engine in an NA? Or adding a turbo to an NA?
good question...i wanna try and keep it legal... im gonna need a downpipe tho wont i?

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paisley wanted to charge me $1050 for a greddy exhaust installed on my car, I also asked what they charge for a turbokit, they said it would be around $7k installed. They charge a lot :(

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Axionf117 said:
Paisley wanted to charge me $1050 for a greddy exhaust installed on my car, I also asked what they charge for a turbokit, they said it would be around $7k installed. They charge a lot :(
That is really odd. $1050 is WAY too much money for a $500 exhaust that would take 2 minutes to install. Yet $7k for a turbo kit installed is a steal (depending upon components)! The toyota dealer was going to charge me $1,000 in labor just to change the headgasket... Are you sure it wasn't $7k for the install, not including parts?

D

·
0 Posts
damn, ive looked around a few places- and this guy at A-autoworks has badass install prices. I mean 1200 to install swap an engine...thats pretty good. He has the best customer service ive come across yet. He had like 10 phone calls- but told them to all call him back because he was showing me around and talking to me. His name is Shannon Gordon just so you all know. He doesnt have a website im sure- but hopefully i will be getting email addresses and what not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am fixing to buy a 91 N/A 5 speed and was thinking of doing a motor swap. If A_Autoworks has anymore of these set ups, please let me know asap. This will be my 4th Supra and this one will not leave my house because my wife said so (she talked me into selling my last one). The new Supra already has a newer motor in it but just not the power I want our of it.

·
Finally up and running!
3,996 Posts
I appreciate the use of of the search feature, but please use discretion when deciding to post on a thread that is older than a few months. Some threads like this one (long and forgotten) don't ever need another post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts