Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now i have 0.9 radiator cap on my car is it good idea to change to high pressure cap? ..thank you for your inputs will this help on something? :)

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
If your stock cooling system is running right, you should just stick with that. With a higher pressure cap, if you still have something old in there, it will bust.

Why were you thinking about gettint a higher pressure cap?

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Indio 7M-Gte said:
Well now i have 0.9 radiator cap on my car is it good idea to change to high pressure cap? ..thank you for your inputs will this help on something? :)
Yes it can help if your system can handle the extra presure means lower boling point great if you have no heater core or bypass pipes running a nice strong alloy radiator

Click the link :1poke:

http://www.absoluteradiator.com/Radcap.htm

Increasing your cooling system pressure by installing a radiator cap that has a pressure rating higher than factory specs increases stress on the entire system. Although some race cars use high pressure caps, their cooling systems are built to handle these higher pressures (All-Aluminum brazed and welded radiators, steel braided hoses, no heater core, high performance water pump, high performance gaskets, etc). We offer high pressure caps because some cars are designed with high pressure cooling systems. We recommend that you only use a cap with the pressure rating that your car was designed for.
:rockon:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts