Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it ok to run different brands, different sizes and different speed ratings from front to rear?

I currently have 255/40/17 Yokahama Avid H4's on the rear and 235/45/17 Yokahama Avid H4's on the front but they need replacing and I'm having a hard time locating some good used ones ( for the front ).

I have a line on a pair of Hankook 245/45/17's but they're Z Rated could this pose a problem as I have anti-lock and I've heard that they should be the same size and speed rating at least. Obviously I can't go 255 on the front but what about the speed rating?

Any thoughts on this matter?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
should be ok.

As far as abs is concerned there is a sensor on each wheel, tire width should not affect it. Obviously speed rating wise and traction youre limited to the weaker tires, but it shouldnt be a problem. You may face understeer having thing better tire in the rear though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, just to make it a little more clear, the tires I have on now are the 255 Yokohamas (Rear) they have about 85% left on them;

it's the front tires that I'm looking to replace possibly with the 245 Hankook Z-rated tire, which ones do you think have more grip? I'm guessing the Yokohamas as they are pretty soft and wider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts