Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if it is possible to simply swap the suspension (shocks and springs) between a NA and TT? ie is the suspension the same?

[i have searched - a few have mentioned TT and NA suspension are different but not how they are different and whether a swap can be done]

my new TT supra has tein coil overs [?height adjustable but not spring rate?] in them and are bumpy as hell

i was thinking of swaping them for the stock shocks and springs from my NA supra (which i am selling) but am worried that the handling will suffer dramatically.

the TT feels like it has twice as much power as the NA - and the NA was already squatting baddly when i drop the clutch, so i'm worried it will handle really badly if i swap to NA stock suspension.

if the handling isn't much worse with stock NA suspension then i'll probably go ahead and swap it - cause i use the TT as a daily driver on very bumpy australian roads

thanks in advance

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
ive been looking for the answer to this question for a long time, i talked to larry from auto tuner and larry from sound performance and finally got a straight answer, everything will swap.

but yes the n/a springs are softer, it will probably make it worse that the turbo is heavier than the n/a as well, probably will be bad squatting, what Teins do you have?

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
waaaaaah, the rough roads hurt my bottom b/c I have a tuned suspension. Puuullleeeeeeeez. Hell yes the suspension will change dramatically if you go from Tein coilovers to stock NA shocks and springs. Stock these cars handle wonderfully, but as soon as you do suspension mods the true handling prowess reveals itself. Reversing this modification is retarded. The sway bars on the TT are the only thing that I am aware of that are different between the two. You can do your swap, but you will regret it. Daily drive your NA so you can disregard the rough roads and then take the TT out for fun on twisty paved roads and tracks.
Forgive my biting comments, but I hate when people get a suspension that is beyond what they need and then complain about it. If anything, sell the Teins and get a good shock spring combo or some stockers. I have a set of stock NA shocks and springs which I have no use for and will sell for WAY cheap if you really want to go through with your idea. PM me if you would like to try this out without having to pillage your NA (which is being sold) just to test your theory and still spend only a small amount of money.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for replies (err even pointy ones!). sounds like it's going to handle pretty bad - i'll keep the teins for another week or two and see if it i can put up with it.

*SSSUPRA - i was worried it might handle bad but worse than stock TT handling (when fitted with NA suspension) can't be good seeing how the supe is BPU (ie more power than stock)

*LYTLdiablo - ditto + don't know what model teins but i think it's the one on mkiv.com, the guy i bought it from had a manual for the springs which came from that site... only it's in japanese dooh!

*93anthracite - i'm in australia so i don't think the shipping will be worth it but thanks for offer. i'll persist with the teins for another week and see

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
jason i PM'd you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts