Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To have a shop make u a DDP, i dnt have money rite now and i really want a ddp and i was wondering if a shop could make u one

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
yes

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
You'll need a CT26 turbo exhaust flange that's been already separated . 3" and 2" or whatever measurements you want.

Then it shouldn't been hard for a shop to make it for you.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
If you don't have money for one, how can you go to a shop and have them make it??? Either you have money or you don't.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Yeah, with the labor of welding all the parts needed you'll still end up paying around $350 at shop rates like Midas.

Know anyone who can weld? A friend maybe?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
MixMasterP2k3 said:
Wouldnt it be better to order one? I mean BIC ddp's are top tier.
you have pretty hair.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
yeah buy a prefabed one..

i thoguht i was going to save money buy getting hard pipes made at a shop, turns out i would have saved at least 200 bucks if i would have bought the cooleze pipes..

and i really hate it when people say " you get what you pay for"

i could pay 1000 bucks for a tranny and still end up having to rebuild it, just cause i spent big bucks on a tranny doesn't mean it's good, it means i was ripped off!

so in orther words, save up for a bic ddp

·
Registered
229 Posts
lets start this topic over with the same title... "is it possible". is it possible to own a supra and not have 350 bones for a whole year? unless its sitting in the garage i find it hard to belive.. hell i pay that much in gas in a month almost... seems like im putting 20 bucks in every day....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
watch the forsale section and maybe u can pick up a used one; PM BucsFanatic59
he was selling one a bit back

·
Registered
940 Posts
I must say, those Down pipes cost a lot of money just for a piece of metal pipping. Why do they cost so much? For integrated elbow ones, they go for 300+USD and at a full top of the line BIC DDP for the CT-26 with recirculation of wastegate vent, your looking at 500+ USD IIRC. Is it the labour? Is it the materials used? Is it high mark up because they are limited production?

If your on a budget, just go for a cheapy ebay dp. 150+shipping and be done with it... or find someone that is selling it used. I picked one up for 50 bones. I guess it all depends on your budget and needs.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ :werd:
or maybe a 2nd or 3rd job... thats what i be doin!

before this thread goes on any more, go to a local shop and show them a picture of what you would want to be made. try and explain it as best as possible. get a quote. then report back.

it is possible, now its up to you to find the best value

1 - 20 of 20 Posts