Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,681 Posts
no, its not worth it at all. You will lose so much money. Almost all your time will become obsessed with it. All your money will go there. There is never a stopping point. It will consume your life....'

....which is why i say you should buy one lol

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thanks guys, honestly i dont care about the money issue wen im out of the air force in four years ill have way enough saved up and im single and nothing holding me down, i ...realllllllyyyyyyyyy.... want a supra and always have.

i think it will be worth it. :rockon:

· Arrow
804 Posts
Do what makes you happy, you can't put a price on happiness.

People can go their whole lives with all the money in the world but if you don't use it or live life to it's fullest you'll just miss out.

If your dream car is a Supra. Get a Supra. Then you can tell everyone you are living the dream.

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
it is....

i was very excited and kinda scared at the same time, the first time i ever drove my car after i bought it.

when i test drove it, i kinda drove like an old lady... but that first drive? nothing can really beat it.

i still experience distinct emotions every time i
a) sit into my car
b) blip the throttle at idle
c) mash on the gas in 2nd gear
d) try and buy parts/mods for it
e) see the car in a parking lot full of the normal

i also go through all those emotions in compact form when i open my door and smell the inside of my car.
something about the smell of pine air freshener + leather + old plastic

its kinda like when a certain smell reminds you of an extremely hot girl... my car smell does that too!

i say buy one and dont look back.

· Registered
1,528 Posts
its worth it...every penny...but only after

1) you have your own home(or your own garage)
2)have atleast 30gs in the bank so you can either cash it...or finance one
3) have settled down. ie not into street racing any more

its all worth it if its your dream car...just make sure youre worthy of it:angel: hehe

· Registered
445 Posts
Do what makes you happy, you can't put a price on happiness.

People can go their whole lives with all the money in the world but if you don't use it or live life to it's fullest you'll just miss out.

If your dream car is a Supra. Get a Supra. Then you can tell everyone you are living the dream.
I 100% agree with you, you work to live not live to work! You cannot take that money with you when you die and you never want to look back on your life and say "I wish I did that". Do it! If it turns out to be a mistake, well it does not matter as long as you learn from it. There is a fine line between hoarding for retirement and saving for it and enjoying "the now". Balancing the two is the hard part. Like posted above make sure you have security money(not 1k, but about 6 months of living expenses or for something catastrophic). The last thing you want to happen is to buy one then have something horrible happen. Quick example- I just bought mine over a month ago and blew a piston ring, if you can't do you own labor it adds up FAST. I decided to do a full 6sp swap and build the block/heads/triple disk clutch/suspension/etc.. so far I'm at almost 30K in parts an labor. But, not a cent has to go on my CC I can pay cash and still not worry. But that is my scenerio, I've been fortunate to be able to do that but it took hard work and alot of school. Just be smart about it and don't be a llittle kid in a candy store and blow your whole LOAD at once (Pun intended, LMAO) becasue if something does go wrong you don't want to look at the car every day waiting to get the money to fix it. Just my 2 cents from my experiences, but don't get me wrong I do own my drem car since high school, minus the new GTR, well R34 then, sometime soon though- supra and GTR in my garage, MMMMMM- I'll set up a cott in my garage and sleep in it, LOL, JK! Good luck!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well hey thanks for all that advice. yeah i know ill be getting into a pricey vehicle the day i get it but i also know toyotas are reliable as heel specially the 4th gen supra. and no i will settle my self down and get all my money issues settled and the whole nine yards before i even get a supra, i want to enjoy it and keep it long as possible. id take care of it and i WOULD NOT drive it hard, maybe if some douche in a 350z or camaro or etc. wants to be shown a lesson. but other than that im going to go for one with atleat90k and under.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.