Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas ive been on here for a while but never posted cause i didnt have a supra. im looking at one right now but its restored salvage but the owner said he bought it at an auction and was a theft recovery that looked to be just an insurance scam by the previous owner cause some parts were in the trunk that the "thieves" should have taken. heres the run down on the car

1994 Black wingless 6spd Targa top Turbo Supra (I believe it is FACTORY WINGLESS, no holes or patches on the deck lid)

· Cusco zero-1 coilovers

· Hawk HP Plus brake pads

· ’98 TT calipers (old ones were bad)

· Fluidyne Radiator

· Garrett GT40R Turbo

· Turbo Blanket

· FAT (Forced Air Technologies) exhaust manifold

· FAT downpipe

· Tial Wastegate

· Tial BOV

· Greddy 4-row front mount intercooler

· Performance Engineering 1000cc injectors

· WOTM Fuel system

· FJO wideband O2 sensor with digital display

· AEM ECU

· Greddy boost gauge

· Greddy boost controller

· NRG suede steering wheel (picture attached)

· NRG quick release for steering wheel (picture attached)

· Sparco steering wheel adapter

· Sparco EVO & EVO XL seats

· Matching Sparco 5 point harnesses

· Sparco shift knob

· Pioneer double din MP3/DVD player (not nav)

· Wired for subwoofer

· HIDs

· Limo tint

· 19” iForged F14 wheels FLAT BLACK front 19X9 rear 19X11

ill have to post the exact miles later but there not high maybe low 100's

the guy is asking 25k for it.........IS IT WORTH IT???

1,442 Posts
^^^^Beat me to it^^^^ Thats twice today

Whats the price?

Its right above you genius.... 25k.

Thats high for a salvage title, but not an uncommon asking price. I ran into the same situation when I was looking myself. I held out and found a stock 1 owner with a clean title for less. Stay strong bro and keep looking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well heres the deal we were looking at. i have two vehicles i was gonna give him and cash.

my 2000 civic si with some mods and my 98 bmw 740il plus 7k cash??

wat do you guys think? is it common to find a supra owner that accepts this deal?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thats really up to the owner, he may want to cash to pay off debt not more cars. But you never know

If your stuck on a color or interior choice, its gonna drive your price up.

But hell there's a red 97 6spd in the for sale section for 29 with 6x,xxx miles. :\ Seems a way better purchase to me.

This the Car? http://www.racingjunk.com/category/216/Toyota/post/1553009/1994-Turbo-Supra.html

Looks like its 28k on this webite..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea he did want 28k but if i gave him my cars and 7k its like i payed 25k for it but yes it is that car

8,181 Posts
Can you confirm on a theft recovery. I have friends who paid 25k and 18k for a salvage title supras. And those were stock bpus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you confirm on a theft recovery. I have friends who paid 25k and 18k for a salvage title supras. And those were stock bpus.
well he has pictures of when he picked up the car and he said it just needed a control arm. he aligned the car and everything came back perfect. the car has a lot of mods and is litteraly spotless just has some scratches at the bottom of the passenger door but the rest of the car is really clean. that why i thought it was worth it because if i buy a stock clean title supra for 25-30k how much $$ am i gonna spend to make it have the same mods as this one?? i was thinking around 20-30k for all those mods. the guy didnt buy cheap parts there all name brand parts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Try the AZ section and see if anyone knows the owner. I just don't trust mods that are not done by myself or at least a reputable shop.

It seems like a very clean car, that is fast. But if you ever plan on selling it expect to have a little bit of trouble.

It seems you've made up your mind about the car, cheers either way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try the AZ section and see if anyone knows the owner. I just don't trust mods that are not done by myself or at least a reputable shop.

It seems like a very clean car, that is fast. But if you ever plan on selling it expect to have a little bit of trouble.

It seems you've made up your mind about the car, cheers either way.
well he is affiliated with FAT RACING (forced air tech) thats who built it they did the work on the car and they have a really good reputation and awesome fabricators. im kinda wanting to get it but the resale does scare me i dont wanna go way under but i doubt i would sell this car it would be my unicorn lol

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
It's not a bad deal considering it single. You really need more info about the salvage title

·
Registered
286 Posts
i wouldnt be afraid of the salvage title if its the right price it would sell. it would be better off around 20-22k. thats what i have seen them sell for being salvage.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Edit well you better check that again,

Sorry, but the VIN you entered is incorrect.

Please check the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) you entered, JT2JA82JOR0016310, for accuracy and try again below.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
The "O" in the the middle on the vin should be a a ZERO.

Try this :

JT2JA82J0R0016310

1 - 20 of 21 Posts