Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the AEM EMS standalone computer, and awhile ago the GM air intake sensor that came with it stopped working. Or at least that's what it seems. The AEM is reading 5 volts from the sensor all the time. I just measured voltage at both wires going to the sensor... one reads 5 volts and the other read .08 volts. Neither voltage changes when I heat the sensor with a heat gun so I'm assuming it is defective. I was expecting to see 5 volts on one wire and around 1-3 volts or so on the other. The outside temp is 70 F. Should I go ahead and replace the sensor? If so, why would it randomly die? Is this common? Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think it's pretty common. The element is exposed and hung from two thiiiin wires so it's quite prone to vibrating loose. Some people drop some _o2 sensor safe_ silicone on the wires (be careful to leave the element itself exposed) to solve the problem. Might be a good idea on your new sensor.

Shiva

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, I figured out why the sensor wasn't working. There WAS no sensor heh... well the sensor was still screwed into the pipe, but its insides were completely gone; it was just an empty brass housing lol. Nice... I wonder what the heck happened to it. Maybe a backfire through the intake? Anyway, thanks. I guess I should have just looked at it before trying to track down the wiring etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts