Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on stock twins and am runnin 18 or 18.5psi on 93 octane, is this a little much for stock twins? my mods are bcc, profec b type s, rmm dp, blitz nur, apexi filter, and thats about it. i would just like to know if its safe i drive the car daily but dont hit 18 psi daily, car has 25k miles. is this level safe?

Thank you in advance,

·
Registered
350 Posts
the turbos will go quick if you drive at that PSI every day. on 93, most people will say no more than 16 is a safe level

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you're pushing 18psi in the middle of a hot summer day on a track, no it is not safe. But if you occasionally make a few full track runs, and don't beat on the vehicle at every stoplight then it is safe. Most problems occur when people inevitably do extended highway pulls, so just use some common sense. More importantly, change your oil frequently, cool down your turbos, and be easy on them at startup. Follow this pattern and you'll be fine.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Depends on your specific motor, the quality if the gas you get there, etc. Without datalogging and looking at your timing advance, there is no way to tell for sure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont frequently floor the car so its not beat on normally, ocasioally i do do some hyway pulls, i installed a turbo timer so every time i turn the car off it cools for 2 mins, so i guess it will b fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts