Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the car as normal the other night, I accelerated to pass a slower car, then all of a sudden the O/D LIGHT OFF light under the Tachometer began to flash intermittently and at the same time the Speedometer ceased to function...Is the car the car trying to tell me??? HELP!!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
sounds like your speed sensor went Crapola. replace it and see if the light goes off.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I just had the same problem with my prelude. I dont know how our speed sensors are designed but the prelude has a small apparatus that plugs into the tranny.....mine came loose and just needs to be reattached to the tranny.

·
0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,012 Posts
The more common problem is that your speedometer cable broke. This causes the #2 speed sensor in the dash not to function and the O/D light blinks as a result. Check the speedometer cable, as it's the most likely reason.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
remember, we have two speedo cables, the upper and lower. the lower is very small and it's easy to remove, so just yank it off and check it to see if it's broken (pull on it, if the inside comes out in two pieces, it's broken). if the lower is ok, replace the upper. it's rare that both will be broken but not unheard of (ask me how i know that).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
double post. oops. delete this please, mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts