Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was wet and rainy out, and me and my friend Sam were out looking for a place to drift, we couldn't find anything, but we found a nice single lane strip of pavement out in the middle of nowhere. I decided to try to do a burn out, messed up the first time, the second time did a nice smokey one, it was awesome. Only thing is, now my clutch pedal feels much easier to push in.

M

·
0 Posts
Well, kinda. I have a '95 Jetta and I was burning out in front of this woman's house (cause I found out she was cheatin' and figured this would be a good way of letting her know how I felt) and as I was leaving, my clutch started slipping. This was about 3 months ago and I'm still using that clutch, and it feels pretty much normal now. So the mushy pedal feel you're getting is just the pressure plate not clamping as hard, but you probably took off some of the friction material on the disc, as you will with anything like that, or even daily driving (but not nearly as bad). It also depends on how long it was, and how old the clutch is. If it is still the stock one, I would just replace it if it has a lot of miles on it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
doubt it is this, but the spline finger like things on another car of mine, actualy bent in, causing a soft clutch, and it slipped. i had to replace it after 5000 miles.... weak sauce.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
mighta glazed it from slipping it too much

M

·
0 Posts
I stupidly let some idiot try to peel out in my car, he ended up letting the clutch out like around 5.5 rpms or something like that. Damn clutch smelled bad and i felt like killing the guy, anyways my slave clutch cylender had a leak and i have to have it around 2k rpms or so when i let the clutch out for a smooth start from stationary. My idle is about 800 rpms so im wondering if this is normal. Also i used to be able to do a start dash but letting the clutch mesh just a little the gassing while letting the rest out and i mean damn i felt some take off with no tire squeal and i reved up like nothing and just flew into all my gears. But now i cant do it unless i start with higher rpm's so im worried i'd be wearing something out in its already worn condition if i were to try it again. Comments plz.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
After I burnout, I usually get a soft feeling clutch, but it goes away after a little bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts