Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas gauge shows Almost half full when full.

Took the Float/Sender unit thing outa the tank today and got pics, here they are. I dunno if its bad or not though, and I read what SOGI said.

The part that moves (without the wire crap wrapped around it) moves freely by hand from what seems to be 1 metal contact point to the next, both "Arms" never touch eachother though, are they supposed to? Sogi says something about bending one of the arms? I'm not sure :dunno:

·
1993 RX-7
278 Posts
Try plugging in the wiring harness and moving the arm with the float on it by hand. watch your gas gauge and see how it reads throughout the arms movement. That way you can tell if the problem is with the electrical contact or the float. I don't think the float is broken if it floats (hence the name).

The arm with the wire is just a sensor for your low fuel light. The arms aren't supposed to touch, if you pry open the metal box you can see where the float arm meets the electrical contact (rheostat is what i think its called). It's probably corroded alot, clean it up and recheck if your gas gauge reads correct.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts