Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear has been acting freaky lately. i cant keep tthe car straight down the track.power shifts from left wheel to right wheel constantly. i jacked the car off the ground and in neutral spin one wheel by hand and the other doesnt move at all.shouldnt the other wheel go in the opposite direction?i have royal purple 75w 2 quarts in the rear and allis tight no leaks no metal filing in the fluid. all looks well but on the track or wot in higher speeds the car shifts power from side too side. someone said my posi is going due to my burnout 1 wheels spins faster than the other.any help here?:wtf:

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Uh-oh man...I think it may be on the way out :( Figure back in August my car was "walking" on the dyno - kinda moving from left to right wheel - very slightly, but Rado was worried then...then Viola - 2 passes later - ka-boom.

Hello TRD LSD and 3.27 gears...

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ouch u think its going? does it have to be in gear then spin the wheel or just in the air in neutral? whats the best new setup and a good price for it. and what is the benifit of it? thanks man.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
I suppose the best new setup would be a new TRD LSD, you could get a used stock rear, but why bother...unless $$ is that tight. Curt or Dan can hook you up with a KILLER deal on a TRD LSD.

For me, I blew the lsd and destroyed the ring/pinion..oops. So, I opted for the 3.27:1 gears vs stock 3.13's - Anything to help out the T88H, plus they were actually cheaper than stock 3.13s!! Again, Elmhurst for the gears too.

Benefit of the TRD LSD - from what I hear (I still need to get mine out and on the road!), main benefits of TRD:

-Stronger than stock
-brand new..woohoo
-Car tracks much straighter, no more pulling to the left, etc...Matt Miller noticed a big improvement on launch and stability of car down the track.

If you go for the gears too...the 3.27s will def give you a better hole shot and get you moving that much quicker, at the expense of top end...for me - it was a no brainer.

In 4th gear @ 8000rpms
3.13 = ~151mph
3.27 = ~144mph

My rev limit is 8300rpm.

·
Registered
117 Posts
after lauching at 6k on the stock rear diff. i went with a kaaz rear, they are indestructable. a few hundred more then the trd but well worth it.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
t88 mayhem said:
after lauching at 6k on the stock rear diff. i went with a kaaz rear, they are indestructable. a few hundred more then the trd but well worth it.
How much was the gear and what ratios are available anyway?

Thanks

Later

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
my rear has been acting freaky lately. i cant keep tthe car straight down the track.power shifts from left wheel to right wheel constantly. i jacked the car off the ground and in neutral spin one wheel by hand and the other doesnt move at all.shouldnt the other wheel go in the opposite direction?i have royal purple 75w 2 quarts in the rear and allis tight no leaks no metal filing in the fluid. all looks well but on the track or wot in higher speeds the car shifts power from side too side. someone said my posi is going due to my burnout 1 wheels spins faster than the other.any help here?:wtf:

Hmmmm...won't turning one tire while the tranny is in neutral just spin the driveshaft instead of the other tire? What happens if you put it in gear...will the other tire spin then?

Is putting the transmission in gear not an accurate test or something?

Later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts