Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've noticed especially since I've done the swap, how bad the cars handling is. It seems with all that extra power the car is scary to drive. Does not feel safe. Right now I have KYB Fronts shocks/struts and Stock Rear Shocks/Struts. Also I have Dunlop 255/50/16 on the rear and the usual on the fronts, also dunlops. They are z rated but there is a very high wall on these tires. Whats causing the bad handling? And what do you suggest I do?

·
11,219 Posts
Shit, you have an NA body, what else you want explained; jk but I'm serious. My car was handling like shit 60+ mph. It was rattling and shaking. Even when I brake I feel the car shaking. I have to brake ahead of time so I have room.

Now that I have the Koni/Eibach setup, I feel my car's better. It's stiffer on highways and corners. I feel safer in my car. Before I was scared as shit of boosting on stock suspension.

R

·
0 Posts
Drew - You have almost 100,000 on the stock rear suspension and the car having 16 inch tires doesn't help at all. There is a noticeable difference even from the NA 16's to the TT 17's. Hit me up if you need/want some parts to make it handle better. ~Ryan

P.S. Dunlop's aren't the best in handling either....

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rwsupra.com said:
Drew - You have almost 100,000 on the stock rear suspension and the car having 16 inch tires doesn't help at all. There is a noticeable difference even from the NA 16's to the TT 17's. Hit me up if you need/want some parts to make it handle better. ~Ryan

P.S. Dunlop's aren't the best in handling either....
I know the Dunlops aren't the best, but at the time they are the biggest tires that you can get on these 16's for an affordable price. I'll give you a call soon.

Also the Rear Suspension is Brand New. Got it done in October. I had to get new struts to stop the clunking noise in the rear. And it wasn't the strut mounts...stupid toyota dealership.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
I changed my suspension and it was a night and day difference. If you've only done the rears, then change the fronts as soon as you can.

Larger rims are going to help the car corner, but make bumpy roads feel like shit.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this all makes sense. I'm going to change the Suspension asap. I like the Tein Basics. Affordable and I've heard they are good.

From talking to various people, having KYB's in the front and Stockers in the rear is really throwing off my Suspension, since they are different as far as dampning (is that right)/ or firmness. Cause seriously the car only feels safe if I'm going in a straight line, trying to merge aggressively, forget about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts