Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i hear the power of a turbo supra should keep you pulled to your seat all the way to redline, well, my turbo supra pushing about 11 pounds of boost, it boosts pretty good until about 5000 rpms, after that it just feels like its falling flat on its face and has NO power. could it be that my turbo is failing, or maybe a leak somewhere?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Most 7m's don't like to rev past 5(espicially the stock bottom end)

The power is lost with the stock restrictive intake and exhaust system, some guys in here get there's to rev hard to 8 grand, but I myself while racing don't shift any latr then 5 grand, there's just no power after that, and it's a lot of strain on our bottom end, and if you keep it in the high revs the extra stress while shorten it's life.

Turbo is ok(so far) that is not a problem with a turbo, if your hittin 11 then your ok.(so far)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Yeah, your turbo's fine. It should feel like that. Pull hard up to about 5 and start to fall off. This will happen even with 11 pounds. But usually once most guys got 3 in full turbo back exhaust and upgraded intake do you keep pullin through all revs. I even get that fall off feelin with intake and 3in catback even though it pulls harder but still falls around the same area

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Even with the 3", the CT26 runs out of breath around 12 psi.

R

·
0 Posts
wow, same thing happens with the stock conquest /starion
The turbo is too small and runs out of breath at about 5,500 rpms

So with the Supra if you have 3inch full out the back and intake it will rev past 5k?

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
I still don't think it's a good idea to just be arbitrarily revvin past 5k. It is really stressful on the engine and if you haven't noticed it even feels like it starts to get a little rough in those other revs. Just shift and get back in that torquey 7m power. if you like just revvin your brains out, go 1j(or Honda).

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Joe-Turbo said:
I still don't think it's a good idea to just be arbitrarily revvin past 5k. It is really stressful on the engine and if you haven't noticed it even feels like it starts to get a little rough in those other revs. Just shift and get back in that torquey 7m power. if you like just revvin your brains out, go 1j(or Honda).
:wtf: Stressful on the engine? Its not going to hurt the engine to redline it from time to time. And if your car "falls on it face" there is something wrong. With full 3" exhaust (including test pipe/aftermarket cat) and intake, you will have no problem going to redline at around 11 psi. You may notice a slight dropoff in power near redline, but it dosent suck like you make it out to be.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
conundrum07 said:
:wtf: Stressful on the engine? Its not going to hurt the engine to redline it from time to time. And if your car "falls on it face" there is something wrong. With full 3" exhaust (including test pipe/aftermarket cat) and intake, you will have no problem going to redline at around 11 psi. You may notice a slight dropoff in power near redline, but it dosent suck like you make it out to be.
Yeah, thanx. That's what i was thinkin nut i'm new at this whole supra advice thing so its kinda difficult for me to put down what i'm thinkin. I'm aware you can rev to redline but i also meant not all the time(that's waht a redline's for, right.) Thnx for clearlin this stuff up. practice makes perfect, huh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts