Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With it being harder and harder to get a loan for a supra you start leaving yourself with the only option being trading it in. I don’t even want to know what kind of crap offer they would give me for my car. Knowing this, is it a good time to sell? I am not concerned with what I would get instead, I am more concerned that I will be kinda stuck with this car. I currently own a 93 TT that I will never let go, and I have this 97 NA daily driver that I still owe like 9k on. The car has 80k on it and it’s a green 5 speed targa with DVD and rims. Other than that its stock. With all the new cars coming out I don’t want to be stuck with the NA or have to take like 8k for a trade in on it. Any idea on this?

Reason I ask.. Local Toyota dealers have had a few 97 and 98 auto’s for sale and it took them months to sell them… they wanted like 21k and they had low miles. Two years ago they would have lasted one day.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I'll give you $9k for it and we'll call it a day....

·
no search=pejorative
527 Posts
We need something like fast and the furious to start the hype on cars again. Don't worry, once the initial d movie comes out, just sell your car, and on the ad put the best drifting car! Then it will sell for 20k.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Just think if another Supra comes out. We will be screwed. You better sell it NOW.....to me.

·
Senior
1,476 Posts
ToMuchBoost said:
Okay, okay, I'll bid 9,150! BTW, 355 Toyota in Rockville, MD advertised a certified '95' for 42,900! Whew!
I'm keeping mine as long as I can, n/a or not. I just like having a car you don't see everyday-although its not THE ONE- it still represents the marque as I do keep it looking good!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL, you guys are crazy.. I am not taking offers on the car i was just wondering what u thought about keeping a 97 na when you have a TT. It seams in the next year or so the 97 NA will become hard as hell to sell to a private buyer because they will have to pay out of pocket for the car. It seams if someone is going to have 15k to drop on a supra they are gonna just look for a TT. Thats the reaon i bought the NA 3 years ago. It was super easy to finance. Also, there is a NICE white 5 speed for sale near me that has about the same specs as my 97 but its a 95. They want 15k for it and cant get rid of it for anything. And that car is really clean.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts