Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Over 10 years on SF....
13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
oneandgone said:
:aigo: So, Matt just left with his new hood that I sold him. It's the CFX fiberglass cowl induction hood. There is only 1 of these hoods in existence made of fiberglass, and this is it.. There are 2 around that I know of made of carbon fiber, but both are damaged. There may be 2 other cf ones, but if there are I have no idea who owns them.

Anyway, Matt came to pick it up today in his friend's Blazer. Unknown to him at the time it will not fit inside said Blazer! Resourcefull as Matt is he went and bought some bungee cords and well, I hope the hood makes it the 3+ hour drive back to Milwaukee!!! Of course I had to take pics of this!!! Call it ghetto, call it *******, call it whatever you want! I don't care as long as it makes the trip ok!!!!:1zhelp:

Note the cardboard for improved aerodynamics!:naughty: :icon_razz
5-6 hours later, my reply:

13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys, after 9 hours, and 75$ of gas I made it there and back.... only took 14 bungie cords and a blanket... oh and stopping 8 times to make sure it was on tight on the way home.

Trip out time:
3 hours
Trip home
5 hours
Time in Between 1 hour

Used EVERYONE of these:

And Let me tell you, it was frickin windy as hell out, I was scared shitless, drove home speed limit at very max... pulled over like 8 times, one time a bungie came off ... whew.

But, made it home safely:

I spent however many years since Duane's fist Sport Compact car feature trying to snag one of these. You can ask Grant, Slow66, MelloYello ect ect ... I kept bugging one of them to cell ( mello was selling for genna ).

Always wanted this hood, I'm so glad I finally got it, will look perfect on my Regulus car. Thanks again Grant, and thank you Duane for the great design ;).... and Toyota for helping with that , ha. No thank you to the wind, crappy blaizers size, and poor gasmileage....bleh

· Dont question the good Dr
2,801 Posts
That is beautiful. I always wanted the cowl to be a little higher than what was stock. +1 to Duane for that hood. Post up pics when you get it painted and on the regulus car, Id love to see how it turns out.

13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you guys see the pictures on the first post? I can just wanna make sure... might need a SM account.

13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and I absolutely HATE, IL, but mostly Chicago.... what a POS State / City... they fucking have 8 billion tolls, so much consruction every second of the year, horriable driver ( in chicago ), rediculous traffic, and the worst roads I've ever seen besides detriot.... with all those fucking tolls you think they'd be able to fix them...

· Destroyer of Turbos
4,882 Posts
was wondering how that turned out! glad you made it home AOK man! now finish the freaking car! :)

· 7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,609 Posts
that looks good, imo.
but finish the car and lose the hood clamps, those look gay imo.
but the is just my opinion.
-sean

· 239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,943 Posts
thats hot! cant wait too your car finished!

· FIX-R upper
577 Posts
The toll roads are private, so the money extra money does not go to the state (some of it does so it can look nice when they report about it on the news). Also they are about to be bought out by other countries. So much for 3 years of toll roads only during construction back in the early 70's.

My point is that they will step on you if you let them, and only if YOU let them. You know them.. like you nieghbor or you govener or boss or friend.. really anyone that doesn't know how to be happy.

edit: thats a nice hood.. makes me wanna chizzal jizzal foo cumizzal... skeet!

13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I feel bad that it had to come off of such a pretty car though... I will make him proud after I get the car painted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.