Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello sweet community!

Is the fan supposed to start turning as soon as the motor start? I guess no. If i accelerate, the blades are turning faster, decelerate, the blades are following the rpg. I think i have a clutch fan problem. :stickpoke

Is it possible to repair it or do i have to change the clutch? Or maybe just oil it so it can work good before i get a new one?

I had problem with my strap (it was noisy when pushing a little) so i changed it, but the problem came back 2 weeks later. So i figured there might be something else. What do u think about it?

By the way, have u noticed the difference between the 91+ (or 89, not sure) and the olders ones? The fan seems like more efficient on newer models. :dunno:

Thanks you and may the peace be with you. And the plague with ricers!

NegativeGinger

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
NegativeGinger said:
Hello sweet community!

Is the fan supposed to start turning as soon as the motor start? I guess no. If i accelerate, the blades are turning faster, decelerate, the blades are following the rpg. I think i have a clutch fan problem. :stickpoke

Is it possible to repair it or do i have to change the clutch? Or maybe just oil it so it can work good before i get a new one?

I had problem with my strap (it was noisy when pushing a little) so i changed it, but the problem came back 2 weeks later. So i figured there might be something else. What do u think about it?

By the way, have u noticed the difference between the 91+ (or 89, not sure) and the olders ones? The fan seems like more efficient on newer models. :dunno:

Thanks you and may the peace be with you. And the plague with ricers!

NegativeGinger
sounds like a fan clutch problem
they are very easy to replace...6 bolt affair with those lil bitches to get the fan off of it. 4 bolt affair to get the clutch off the pulley.

there is no difference.

side note: you can put a fan clutch from a 03 v6 toyota tundra in your supra....it flows a bit more air then the supra ones..cost about 10 bucks less.

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
the fan will more efficient on newer models because they are newer. and yes the fan is always turning but as the RPMs increase the clutch will kick in and you will actually see the fan not spinning as fast as the pulley behind it. If this is a problem rather then fix it just go with an electric fan setup

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what i wanted to do 1st. But the electric twin blade Flex-a-Lite is like 400$US.... and i would prefere to have an electronic boost ctrl for this price :)

Is it possible to repair the clutch?

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
i doubt it, maybe you could get it rebuilt? but i dont think its worth it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
the spal 16inch fan only runs for 150 and it flows more than the dual fal fans.

charlie

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
how bout that jegs 16 inch single for 63 bux??? only draws 9 or 10 amp supposedly too... seems to work good so far in florida...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that was a fan clutch problem! It was stuck. Got a used one for 40$ CAN, so no more blet sqeeks on boost! I love my Supie :))

Ginger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts