Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the HKS AFR Fuel Tuner much better than the apexi SAFC?
just wondeing if it really is?

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any one

·
Registered
109 Posts
Howdy -

FYI: I just recently had the HKS S/AFR removed and an Apex AFC put in it's place (actually moved the mount under the stereo head) - my guys that were doing some fine tuning say they like the AFC interface much, much better, though from the documentation, it sounds like the devices have nearly the same level of "tunability".

The AFC definitely has a more whiz-bang design, but is also a bit larger to mount. If you wind up wanting to go with the HKS unit, I'll probably sell mine when I get the car back!

Seeya -

DT

·
Banned
336 Posts
Most people i talk to dont like the AFR since it doesnt have part throttle tuning. Its nice to be able to tune your fuel for WOT, but last time i checked, i dont get my mail going WOT. Thats the only concern i have about them, and i personally like the look of the AFC a lot more.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I posted wht same question a few days back. Everyone i have talked to says to get the Apexi AFC. Everyone knows how to tune and because everyone uses it. SO i will stick to waht works. Although Dusty says that the HKS is better, ive yet to see anything that backs up that statement.

Z

·
0 Posts
I like the HKS AFR. its like comparing AVC-R to HKS EZ in simplicity.

I believe both are equal in tuning ability, and yes its got all that extra MVPmotorsports write about which is good.
it is supereasy to make adjustment also, 1 botton does it all for fuel tuning, I dont know about SAFC, but looking at my friends AVC-R, it aint gonna be easy.

I actually like a smaller unit, so I can mount it easily. anything Apexi is not to my taste, its big and way too complicated. if you wount that thing on your dash parked in SF downtown, you wil have your window broken and unit stolen in no time.

ask yourself this, do you have enough knowledge to tune a Apexi product or not? its not as user friendly as HKS, its designed for highly professionla tuning. I mount my AFR on steering column and I can tune my fuel while driving on highway..its that simple!

also, do you have a dyno near for you to tune your A/F? you need to get a A/F readout before you can tune anything.

I know there wont be as many people promoting AFR cuz its just got on the market, and most people already have SAFC, but that doesnt mean SAFC is better.

last....ITS a HKS. they make the best product out there PERIOD. the name says it all.

if you are interested, my friend is selling his unit..only 1 week old, go sale section to see more info.

hope this helps

Jonas

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
many thanks all! i have a safc alread(waiting till i do my single kit before i install it)
i just wanted info on as i was going to sell it if the and get the HKS AFR if it was better !buut i guess its all about preferance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts