Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that cult cars are those car models, or brands, that for whatever reasons demand unbelievable loyalty from a group of people.

Seems to me that mk3 supras are quickly becoming a cult car....would you guys agree...

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
yes kent, yes i would

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
HAHA. Thats funny. Cult car.

I would say the Supra overall is one that comes with loyalty.

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
yes i would kent

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I dunno if its "becoming" one, although it did lure me in right away like no other car did, even before I got it.

Over time, suddenly I think a 89+ MkIII looks almost as good as an MkIV, and I love that MkIII interior smell...

So yes..its a cult thing :p

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
its becomming more popular yes...cult...i wuldn't think so...i dont see rituals of people with supras committing suicide or praying to an almighty tiki supra god...

however there are somewhat "ritual cult events" that we supra owners have...aka car meets :)

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
What other cars would you consider cult cars??? Please dont say the Fiero or some p.o.s. like that.

·
Registered
297 Posts
JonnyRedline said:
its becomming more popular yes...cult...i wuldn't think so...i dont see rituals of people with supras committing suicide or praying to an almighty tiki supra god...

however there are somewhat "ritual cult events" that we supra owners have...aka car meets :)
Actually... my nickname is Tiki and my plates read TIKI GOD

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
eh, it's pretty much always been....though not on a large scale @ all....hopefully it doesn't ever get as big as the '40 thing, etc. i like owning a "rare" car....

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
highonoctane16 said:
which smell would that be? the "oh shit, is that coolant?!" smell?

either that or the "burning quarts of oil and cant figure out why" smell.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I don't think its a cult car. A cult car would be something like an Ae86 or a Type R Integra.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
eh maybe on the cult status. it all depends where you live i think. there are some places that ave like 1 or 2 supras and then there are those blessed by lots (Texas, FL, CA) And as for the ritual suicide....look at your knuckles and tell me how many you have burned, cut, torns, pulled, crushed etc for you car while wrestling with stubborn bolts.....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
its sorta a cult car, just think where all on here a little to much for are own good, we talk to alot supra owners, hell we hang out with them all the time.
oh and my personally favorite:
we have jayson(idealsupra) and jason ellis(seminolesupra88) that is always down here in seminole so we tend to refer to them as: white jayson(white supra) and red jason(red supra) so when your name links you to your car i would consider that cultish.

josh

·
Registered
189 Posts
I sometimes catch my self talking to my car when I work on it. I also refer to her as snow white when talking to other people.

Is that weird? :ugh2:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
^ :nuts: ^

lol j/k.. I talk to my car as well... (both mkiv and mkiii)

I've also got my mkiii in the back of my house collecting dust because they didn't straighten out the frame well enough and I didn't like the paint job so I'm waiting to make some good money to pull it properly and have it painted ($6,000 so it'll be waiting quite a while cause my priorities have changed).

People ask me all the time why I don't sell it or part it out but that thing is going to sit there until I can get it back on the road the way it was meant to be... I think that's sort of a weird attachment - caring for a dead car that hasn't run in almost 3 years :( but it'll run again, mark my words - whether it's with the original 7MGE/GTE or a 1J/2J

I was obligated by the cult leaders to never get rid of it

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I think there are too many of them for them to really be cult cars, I think there are some people that are like a cult, lol.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
im having a hard time deciding if i think its a cult car or not.

i mean a cult car also has to gain a "known" basis beyond the supra community. (besides the whole BHG thing we are so well known for)

everybody knows what an AE86 is...what an Integra Type R is etc.

then again our vehicular loyalty and community closeness puts us in the cult car range.

so i dont know....im leaning towards no....but i juts dont know.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts