Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 1991 non turbo supra (145k miles) around a U-turn and when i straightened out i put the pedal to the metal. I heard something bust and my engine overheating very quickly and was smoking. I stopped at golden corral and had the buffet. I came back and the hood was still smoking. I opened the hood and coolant was everywhere. I later found out a tube busted and i had it fixed for pretty cheap. My question is, do you think the tube was weak, or maybe this has something to do with a BHG. I was thinking of recalibrating the HG so it doesn't break, but who knows, it may already be broken. What do you guys think I should do?
Thanks

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
I was driving my 1991 non turbo supra
Yup, that's quite a problem you got there! :D

But really, I wouldn't worry about it. You don't usually hear a pop unless its a hose blowing, and since it happened before it started overheating, then that hose was just weak. Ride on without any worries bro!

Christian

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:(

i wish the auction i went to had the turbo, but supras are still phat.
Do you think I should even worry about retightening the bolts or screws on the HG, i heard all HG's are bound to fail...

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i heard a bang when i blew a radiator after the temp guage spiked (day 1 that i owned the sup) was an NA also. sounds like an ez fix but might wanna do a block test to make sure regardless if you bought it at an auction jsut as preventative. g luck w/ the sup!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts