Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are there any additional tools I need to get mine off??? I'm having a hell of a time getting these off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have just went through this,im awaiting a sp57 kit,i posted the same thing bout a month ago,and got simular replies,but if you
dont have a lift ,stop ! go somewhere that has one,dont do like i did and get if toredown then find out that it is very very hard without a lift.

randy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What more is the lift going to help? by the way how did you end up pulling the turbo? the whole assembly or just the turbo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my #2 turbo out WITHOUT taking the exhaust manifold off. Larry from Sound Performance was right. THANKS LARRY! I might take the number #1 off as well as a precautionary measure. I know that 90% of the time its the #2 turbo but I'd rather be safe then sorry. Also the #1 is SO much easier to get to. I figure I will have it off in an hours tops. Thanks again Larry I honestly think your method is much easier then taking out the manifold.

PS-It took me 7hours to get the #2 turbo out but as Larry said it could be done in 3-4 hours. I spent 2 hours taking off stuff that I didn't need to take off and figuring out what I was suppose to do took another hour. I honestly believe the #2 could be taken off in 3-4 hours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sound Performance said:

Nah, just take off the rear turbo, leave the exhaust housing. Seperate it at the turrbine housing and just pull the turbo cartridge. Should take a first timer 3-4 hours to get the #2 turbo out.

Lar
SP

I dont quite understand by the meaning of "cartridge".

can you please explain?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got my #1 turbo out in 45mins. That is of course with all the other stuff out of the way, since I had taken the #2 turbo out yesterday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
94SupraTT6spd said:
I got my #1 turbo out in 45mins. That is of course with all the other stuff out of the way, since I had taken the #2 turbo out yesterday.
Hey y'all (kevin and 94supratt) i have to replace my stock turboes (again) if i don't go single so you think you could show me how to just replace the 2nd... i don't wanna have to remove the whole assembly again... it's a SERIOUS PITA. I'm in florida now (college), but i live in hampton. Maybe by x-mas break i'll have decided whether to put in an sp-63 or put another stocker in. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.