Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was racing my car and realised that there is no Rev Limiter, infact I ran the car right up to 7900RPM. I really dont know what mods had been done before I bought this car? Do stock supras Rev this high?:rolleyes:

·
3,148 Posts
Stock Supra's hit the rev limiter at 7,000-7,100 rpm as reflected on the tachometer. This is actually 6,800rpm. I would not rev your car beyond this. As you rev higher people tend to blow out front main seals.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I thought Supras could easily rev to 7800 rpm or so with no modifcations (besides the rev limiter of course)?

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve,
If there is a limiter at 7100 RPM, how come I am able to go beyond that to 7900? And I have also read that a computer upgrade raises the limiter to 7500RPM? However I shall take your advice and not push her beyond 7k!

·
3,148 Posts
The engine can handle the extra revs (at 7,500), but I have heard of the front seal going out under the additional pressure. Your car should not rev to 7,900rpm. Even with an ECU upgrade, it should hit a fuel cut by 7,800rpm. Does or did your car ever have white faced gauges? Are you sure it is giving you an accurate reading?

Later, Steve

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve,
I really don't know if there were any computer mods done to my car, as this car was owned by someone in Japan and brought in to Bangalore via Dubai. This car did not have any white faced dials either. I was infact quite shocked that it would rev this high!! the cut off was just after 7900RPM. The car after my downpipe also has fantastic low end torque.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And Ofcourse I would'nt rev a car in neutral this high. This was on full throttle. In fact im able to pull to 100mph in third without any problem at 7000+ RPM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts