Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without taking out the dash? How can I pull the air vent out of the passenger side...thanks

·
painted cf hood advocate
412 Posts
You can remove the old vent and replace it with the new one by using some type of long pick (don’t know the tech. name). So you won’t have to remove the dash, to get to the screws to replace the whole assembly. To do this you will need to take out the new vent from the assembly and the old vent that’s currently in the car, and just swap the vents (so you would be keeping the same old assembly). I did this when my passenger air vent broke.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,482 Posts
Sorry to bump and old thread but I’m having trouble popping out the vent. Anyone have a quick video? I’m trying to make sure I don’t apply too much pressure either. Thanks in advance!

Going from memory here... Disconnect battery, remove glovebox, then disconnect airbag plug, remove 4 torx bolts, remove airbag (it slides out), then you should have access vents (aka registers). The vents are held in via screws, I think, so you'll need to remove those or you are dead in the water.

Here are pics of part numbers 55670-14100-C0 & 55680-14050-C0 :

Mobile phone Communication Device Rectangle Telephony Gadget
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thanks for the response. I actually tried that. I took out the center console too to see if I have enough space to get to it. Nope. Not enough space. Did some search and some people had success with popping them out. Other way is remove the whole dash. 😢

1 - 6 of 6 Posts