Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently gotten my car to run OK....after over a year. I have a 1992 lexus sc300 with the turbonetics kit. It has the TO4E-60 turbo with extra injectors. Right now I am only running 8 lbs of boost, but have the capacity for much more considering I have a 3mm head gasket. Six months ago or so I purchased some NGK Iridium IX 3764's hoping to fix some of my engine problems. I gave up trying to gap them after breaking the electrode off of the first one. Is there an easier way to gap them?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Iridium is very brittle. To make the gap smaller I had good luck gently tapping the electrode on the flat part of a bench vise. By tapping I mean just using the weight of the plug to do the work (letting it fall about 1/2 inch or so above the surface of the vise). Measure the gap frequently (wire feeler gauge) so as not to overshoot your target.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
yes.... shit can them and buy a set of 3330's and gap them with a feeler gauge to .022-.025" (don't use the coin type of gapper). You will have no problems and you will be running plugs that only cost $2 instead of $12.

·
Registered
936 Posts
yes.... shit can them and buy a set of 3330's and gap them with a feeler gauge to .022-.025" (don't use the coin type of gapper). You will have no problems and you will be running plugs that only cost $2 instead of $12.
The best advice you will get today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts