Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OBDII port stopped working a while back. I never knew what happened that caused it. All I know is my shit ain't working and I need it to work.

I cut off the port itself (yea dummy move but I wanted to make sure I was getting a good connection), and I took a volt meter to test the wires to see if it was getting any voltage. Sure enough, there was no power.

I was told there was a 7.5A fuse or something for the OBDII port. I checked every fuse that I know of (driver's kick stand and under hood) and every fuse look good. Does anyone know where this "obdii fuse" is?

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
why would you cut the whole thing off when you can just stick the pin-needle ends of the voltmeter through the insulation of the wires? anyways, i would say hook it back up and try to work on it connected, im not sure that using a voltmeter did you any good if you just completely cut all the wires. hook everything back up the way it was and double check it, then use the voltmeter. locate power and ground wires, stick red in power and black in ground, just stick the end of the probes through the insulation, that is why they are sharpish. if you still have no power try tracing the wires as far as you can. look in your owner's manual and under the fuse section and try to locate one that says datalink connector or something like that. just follow the wires until you come to a fuse-link or something similar, or find a fried circuit or until you find a fuse connected to it.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cut the wires cause I was being anal. I tried using a voltmeter with the plug on. I just wanted to make sure the voltmeter was actually touching the contacts.

I got the port to work now. I just cut the whole thing and wired it directly at the ecu :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts