909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wiring harness?

from ecu to engine

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx, just wondering before I bought one, and added another nightmare to my allready difficult car...

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
The headlight squirters atleast here in the US were available since 86.5 up to the late 88 models before they got the new front end. In canada they kept the headlight squirters past 89.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
i have headlight squiters on my 87T

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
Nope my old 86.5 NA had them ......never used them but they were there. On my 88 Turbo I shaved them off and have then in my lower grill for an IC sprayer

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
The '87T also has different intercooler piping than the 88+, along with the different interior, the '87s have a cross-hatched kinda striping pattern on the grey cloth, where the '88+ is just plain.

TMK the headlight sprayers were on all sport-package '86.5 -88's.

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
yeah so basically if you have an NA with a sport package you get headlight squirters and a LSD diff but to answer the gys original question the wireing harness between the 2 are the same.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
hmmm at 530AM....that sure as hell looked like it said "is there any difference between a 87T and a 88T harness and ecu"

:doh:

well hopefully you sane guys caught him before he did something on account of me! lol

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so there isn't a difference? My 87t is a US car, I have the headlight sprayers and security.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
The 88 also got the seatbelt guides on the seats.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Nope... no differences in engine wiring that I am aware of. To confirm for you... DrJonezz took the harness off my 88T 7M and dropped it (no changes to my knowledge) onto his 87T 7M... and is running it now no probs.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
that would be cool to turn the head light squirters sideways, then spray people on the freeway when passing them! haha, you can sometimes spray completley over your car with the windshield squirters and hit the car behind you too :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
fatboy said:
that would be cool to turn the head light squirters sideways, then spray people on the freeway when passing them! haha, you can sometimes spray completley over your car with the windshield squirters and hit the car behind you too :D
I tried that, but gave up because I couldn't do it in 30 seconds, the main windshield nozzles dont move either....it's so much fun to spray pedestrians...sucks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts