1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Didn't I answer this already???

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can tolerate soccar to a point. I always hope there is going to be a fight at some point either in the game or in the stands. Its tennis that really bothers me. I think tennis is the most boringest sport ever.

PS. Larry, I sent you a PM about a GT4294R
Letme know, Thank you sir

G

·
its probally cause most american sports are high scoring games. Soccer is not. Soccer is about strategy. Americans do not have the patience to enjoy the strategic element of soccer and the final excitement of a goal being scored. When americans see a sport where there is no scoring (hockey and soccer) they find it boring, but america isnt the biggest country in the world so soccer is the #1 sport in the world no matter how much in denial americans are in.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
supradup said:
its probally cause most american sports are high scoring games. Soccer is not. Soccer is about strategy. Americans do not have the patience to enjoy the strategic element of soccer and the final excitement of a goal being scored. When americans see a sport where there is no scoring (hockey and soccer) they find it boring, but america isnt the biggest country in the world so soccer is the #1 sport in the world no matter how much in denial americans are in.

Im sorry.... but a sport where it is a good play to get hit in the head with the ball is boring.

I watched 10 minutes of it..... they ran around playing keep away..... from the other team which did not work all too well. I might have seen 3 or 4 shots on goal in ten minutes.... whopee!!!

Apparenty although we are not the largest country in the world, we are the smartest!!

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thanks to the foreigners i.e Hindoes, Germans, English, Asians and the damn Nigerians who tried to get a piece of you on ebay.

My GF goes on and on about American football, basketball, Golf, soccer kindoff reminds me of you and others on this forum. If you don't understand the strategy, it's going to be a very gay game, no mather what sport. Ignorance is a bitch.

There's a reason why soccer is the biggest sport in the world.

I understand watching a pos US soccer team, it's going to be a guaranteed boring game. Geez, stick to american football for gods sake.

Please take no offense Larry and pinky winky, just had to get that booboo off my chest.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand the strategy perfectly. I also understand the strategy of hockey.... and chess too.

Unfortunately all three are boring to watch.

No offense taken.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Wow.... you are one pathetic loser... no offense.

No.. none taken.

Hi Peety.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Sound Performance said:
It's cheap to play and all you need to be able to do is run and get hit in the head with the ball to play?

You also need those silly socks pulled up real high.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
LOL, I know, I know, the truth hurts.

Not only the socks but the tight fit gay shirts too. ( Ehemm Netherlands)

Still number one, no mather how you look at it.

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Basketball is boring... I meen come on, 90% of the time you know they are going to make a basket. WHOPPEEE!

Nascar = Very boring, bunch of hill rods turning left.

Baseball.... Ummm yay

Golf: need I say more

But yeah soccer is pretty much a channel skipper. but if you see some local soccer games you might find some hot soccer moms.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think unless you played the sport or understand the sport than its going to be boring. I mean come on, the big thing now on TV is watching people play poker <--(if you have this much time on your hands your Supra better be running). I can't watch Nascar racing but obviously a crap load of people around the country must be watching it because almost everytime I turn on Speed Channel there is a program about Nascar. To me baseball is very boring (TV and at the game) to watch but I can watch a whole game of soccer.

BTW Larry, they are not getting hit in the head with a ball they are heading it. There is a difference. If you just sit there and get struck in the head with the soccer ball it hurts like a mofo, but if you head the ball like your suppose to it doesn't hurt. Anyways what one person thinks is exciting to watch may be completely boring to someone else. Later.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Sound Performance said:
I understand the strategy perfectly. I also understand the strategy of hockey.... and chess too.

Unfortunately all three are boring to watch.

No offense taken.
so you criticize soccer - a sport that takes endurance
you criticize hockey- a sport that requires brute force
and you criticize chess - a game that requires anticipation

this yields the result that in highschool, you jumped the gun to get into a girls panties... didnt have enough force to leave an impression... and ran out of stamina before you finished the play

larry... im polish/chech and a chess collector

guess how many of the above i play?

btw, i got you a gift to thank you for all your help!!!! can you anticipate it like a chess player?

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
swearitsstock said:
so you criticize soccer - a sport that takes endurance
you criticize hockey- a sport that requires brute force
and you criticize chess - a game that requires anticipation

Marathon running takes endurance...... very exciting to watch

Mike Tyson has brute force..... enough said....

anticipation....... a ketsup commercial

G

·
its just americans. they are addicted to goal scoring. its why hockey failed and had to revamp the game here in the us to make the game faster and higher scoring so it can be more appealing. Soccer games will always be low scoring and thats is the beauty of a game. the rarity of the goal makes it one of the greatest sports in the world. also i have a theory that hockey and soccer arent major us sports cause its the only sports where you dont use your hands correctly to move the object that needs to be moved. some how if hands arent being used americans find it boring.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts