Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
but more unsprung weight ...not sure it would be worth the tradeoff. IMO, it isn't that hard to achieve world class stopping power with more conventional means.

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
You would have to have HUGE rotors, like the porsche, otherwise twin calipers would cover the majority of the rotor and allow no room/time for heat dissipation. Overkill in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Now that I think about it...what all would be involved in doing dual calipers? Like...splitting the brake lines some how..and...?

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
You will also need custom suspension to clear the brakes. The weight factor is another issue as well as increased hydraulic fluid will make for a softer pedal. The brake hydraulic bias will alos be off.

Joe.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Looks cool... but is it really necessary?

Replacing brake pads will be twice as fun :-D

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Another point I forgot to mention was the fact that this would be essentially useless on a street car, because this set up would most likely out-brake any street tires out there. Maybe road racing tires could hold up, but otherwise I think it would be futile. ;)

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
Heres a pic of a dual caliper setup for the supra. Well im not 100% sure its for a supra...but pretty sure, i got from another thread a while back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts